ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Extrem4 Z390 - no signal on digital display ports
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extrem4 Z390 - no signal on digital display ports

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maciejos78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extrem4 Z390 - no signal on digital display ports
    Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:21pm
Hello,

I have an issue with my Extreme4 Z390 + i7 9700K. Onboard digital display ports stay turned off, when attached screen was powered off during POST. Only power cycle with turned on display solves the issue. If the display attached to any of digital port was powered on during POST it can be turned off and on any time and always gets digital signal.

This issue does not occur on analog port - it always works.

Workaround that I have now is to connect the display to both ports digital and analog and switch between signal sources, but I'd like to have this issue solved permanently.

Regards
Maciej
Regards
Maciek
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 9:58am
Have you played with the Advanced > Chipset BIOS settings ?
Make sure Display type is set to IGPU if only using onboard. Also the HDMI and Display Port are HDCP compliant which may require "seeing" an active HDCP compliant monitor before allowing video. Turning the monitor on after POST may violate the newer HDCP handshaking requirements due to the Video BIOS built into Main BIOS does not see the HDCP monitor before end of POST and is dis-allowing any video stream.
If the monitor is in Sleep mode then the HDCP handshaking will still occur during bootup. Q: Why are you turning the monitor off ?
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
maciejos78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maciejos78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:02pm
Hi,

thanks for reply. I believe that there are no BIOS/UEFI settings related to iGPU control.

I noticed the same behave for discrete graphics card.

A: I simply used to turn off display after PC usage. It seems that I will have to change my habbit.
Regards
Maciek
CHnuschti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHnuschti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:44pm
There ARE settings in the BIOS affecting/concerning the display
1) Advanced (main page) => Full HD UEFI (somewhat hidden, since too obvious)
2) Advanced => chipset configuration => primary graphics adapter
3) Advanced => chipset configuration => IGPU multi monitor

They have quite an effect IMO. In some setting constellations you just get no display. My unpleasant experience with the taichi z390 ultimate was than I wanted to (clean) install Windows over the onboard display. Result was an oversized display (of the BIOS interface), not able to display the whole page on the monitor. Moving the mouse on the edges did move to the hidden parts, but I noticed that only later. No combination of the settings above was able to change that behaviour.
Don't know if it is related to my older monitor eizo HD2441w, but I think not.
CHnuschti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHnuschti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 7:59pm
The connection as described above was over a HDMI cable on the onboard port.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maciejos78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 5:26am
Hi again,

in fact they are, thanks for pointing them out. They have no influence on the issue I have.
Regards
Maciek
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 7:40am
Bad cable??
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maciejos78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 8:39pm
Rather not - I tested both HDMI & DP.
Regards
Maciek

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maciejos78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 8:57pm
This is interesting. My LCD is quite old 22" LG display and I'm in doubt, if it's HDCP compliant, but from the other hand shouldn't HDCP affect only high resolution video streams of copy-protected materials?

Regards
Maciek
James95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 1:57pm
Make sure Display type is set to IGPU if only using onboard. Also the HDMI and Display Port are HDCP compliant which may require "seeing" an active HDCP compliant monitor before allowing video. Turning the monitor on after POST may violate the newer HDCP handshaking requirements due to the Video BIOS built into Main BIOS does not see the HDCP monitor before end of POST and is dis-allowing any video stream. [URL= https://www.myfirstpremiercard.us/]https://www.myfirstpremiercard.us/[/URL]
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic