ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 108>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ryzen 3000 series support
    Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:30pm
Guys, I am seeing a lot of complaints about Ryzen 3000 series support and associated BIOS versions.

Please be aware that these issues are platform wide and not specific to any one manufacturer. Rest assured both AMD and it's board partners are working hard to resolve these issues as swiftly as possible.

Please feel free to post your issues below, I will forward common issues to my contacts at ASRock on the off chance they are not already aware of them. Please keep things friendly and try to remain calm, everyone on these forums is either here for help or doing their best to provide it.

Thank you

Xaltar

Quote Edit:

JZ (many thanks to him for all his efforts) has uploaded and organized a fair number of beta BIOS updates for numerous AM4 boards here:

https://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/index.php

Please bare in mind, these are betas and ASRock is not responsible for any damage caused in using them. These are provided as is for users to test with should they be so inclined.

That said, provided users follow proper update procedures the risk should be no greater than official BIOS releases. Just please be sure to read the instructions properly on your board's BIOS download page, taking care to update in the correct order (bridge BIOS where necessary etc).

Should you experience a bad flash and brick your board, please contact ASRock Tech Support here:

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

I would also like to thank everyone participating in this thread for the time and effort they have put in, not only sharing their issues but also helping out fellow users, this is exactly the kind of community we want to foster here on these forums

AGESA 1.0.0.3ABB BIOS betas are up:

https://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=BIOS

Edited by Xaltar - 12 Aug 2019 at 8:48pm
Ironchunk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ironchunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:16pm
Can Asrock provide the official bios with 1.0.0.2AB agesa to the X470/B450 platforms?

For example there are floating beta bios's with agesa 1.0.0.2AB arround for X470 Taichi, which seems to improve memory compability.

Robtech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Robtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 5:40pm
Asrock B450M Steel Legend.

My NVME drive worked fine after I built my PC and installed Windows (on to a brand new board with a Ryzen 3600). After turning off the PC, the drive disappeared from the BIOS on the next boot. I tried a whole heap of things to try and get it to work but no go. After adding a SATA SSD, for some reason the M.2 drive showed up again. Then it disappeared after powering off.

Installed Beta BIOS. Does not fix the issue.

Board is also very slow to POST. To get to the ASRock screen can take up to 18 seconds.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Ironchunk Ironchunk wrote:

Can Asrock provide the official bios with 1.0.0.2AB agesa to the X470/B450 platforms?

For example there are floating beta bios's with agesa 1.0.0.2AB arround for X470 Taichi, which seems to improve memory compability.

This thread is to report issues only. I do not work at ASRock and so cannot provide BIOS updates etc. This thread is here for users to report common issues so I can pass them along to my contacts at ASRock. JZ works closely with ASRock in BIOS testing and has already provided several links to the beta BIOSes he has tested, like myself however, he is not an ASRock employee. On these forums, only members of the "ASRock Official" group represent and can speak for ASRock.

BIOS updates will be made available when they are ready for release, ASRock has been stung in the past by rushing out new releases and has of late taken a more cautious approach. I strongly approve of them taking their time and getting it right, it is by far preferable to bricking systems and causing more problems than they fix. As I stated in my OP, AMD is working with all their board partners at the moment to get these issues resolved, no manufacturer can correct these issues alone, they require AMD's AGESA updates.

This has been the way of things with Ryzen since first gen launched. We early adopters pay a price for buying in early. We need to exercise patience and do our best to report issues as we discover them in an effort to help the process along.
Vakich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vakich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Ironchunk Ironchunk wrote:

Latest agesa is 1.0.0.3AB

Asrock AB350 Pro 4. PC doesn't boot with latest bios 5.80 and Ryzen 3600. No problems with Ryzen 1600.
ljt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ljt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:33pm
Motherboard: X370 Taichi
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
BIOS: 5.61 (Beta)

First bug I've noticed is the boost (specifically single core) does not seem to reach 4.4Ghz. I get about 4.35/4.375Ghz on one or two cores, the rest seem to top out at 4.3Ghz (when the scheduler moves the 1 thread workload around the different cores)

When I was on the 5.60 BIOS, i commonly saw 4.4Ghz on all cores at some point, but that BIOS was really buggy in regards to RAM speed. Hence me trying this beta 5.61.
gnkleus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnkleus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:01pm
Can Asrock provide please Latest agesa is 1.0.0.3AB for Taichi x570, please? I have to use BETA BIOS 1.41 because of 3900x performance issues with turbo boost. Without this fixes it is not ideal MoBo. 3900x works better with my ASUS strix470-F and it cost HALF OF price than 570X TAICHI MOBO
Xcomp666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Xcomp666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:12am
Same here!

I just bought a Ryzen 7 3700X last week. I was so happy until updated my Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gameing itx bios to 3.30. My M.2 driver disappeared, Memory frequency can?�t get over 2133 ghz, system unstable( rebooting all the time). If Asrock does?�t fix it until tomorrow. I am going to buy an Auros x570 itx when became available on Newegg again. What lazy customer service!!

System specs:
Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming itx/Ac
Bios version: 3.30
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Memory: F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO M.2
GPU: GTX EVGA 1070 TI OC

Monstro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monstro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:19am
Asrock Taichi x370
Bios 5.60

XMP memory profile sets RAM to 3200mhz and instroduces noise distorcion/interference to sound. From any source, either onboard or external dac/amp.

When left everything in Auto and manually set the speed till a maximum of 3133mhz all stays normal again.

Since I'm clueless about this kinda of stuff, everything is on auto. Including timings and voltages.

Before upgrading to a 3600x and upgrading the bios from 3.20 I had no issues at all and RAM speeds were 3200mhz stable while using the XMP profile.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:08am
Xcomp666, the issues you describe are common across all manufacturers and not specific to ASRock. The reason for this is issues with AMD's AGESA code (the core of the BIOS that they provide board partners). I can understand you are angry, it is never pleasant spending money on things that don't work right out of the box. Pleas be patient, as I have said numerous times in this thread and here on the forums, AMD and ALL board partners are working to resolve these issues. Updates and fixes will be made available as soon as they are ready.

Until then, all we can do is be patient, it sucks but there is nothing any of us can do about it so lets try stay calm and do our best to support each other as a forum community

For what it's worth, your issues are known about and are among the issues currently being worked on by AMD and it's board partners.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 108>
  Share Topic