ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a1b2c3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 9:40am
Using the 3.50 BIOS on an X470 Taichi, with a Ryzen 3600x, I am running into a lot of issues. Quite often when rebooting, Windows 10 will tell me that it's missing part of the kernel, or it has to go to repair mode, or the UEFI checksum does not match. The only way out of this is to reboot, go into UEFI, save changes (after making no changes) and reboot again. Weird things seem to cause this - trying to boot off of a USB drive (I was trying to install Ubuntu to a separate SSD), running Prime95 for an hour totally stable and then rebooting.

Anyone else see something similar?
Bred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 11:00am
Here, I got some issue too.
Recently I bought a ryzen 5 3600X for my B450M Steel Legend (the system was built and windows was installed with a ryzen 3 1200.. (maybe it can explain some of the issues?) and these 2-3 last days I had blue screen issue, internet navigator issues and one time the same kind of problem that a1b2c3 : after boot, impossible to load with a screen telling me recuperation, your computer must be repaired because the core ("noyau" in french) is missing or contains errors...

And after I check the bios and verified the SSD was still detected, I could run windows correctly..

After that I saw that asrock removed a drivers for my motherboard form the drivers list, the file of AMD AllIn1 (v19.xx.xx.xx) and let the old one the v18.50.16.01..

So today I unistalled v19... and installed again the old one, and for the time beeing, my computer seems to operate better..

Sorry i'm french and make some mistakes.
Daveydguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveydguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 3:04pm
Updated b450 fatal1ty itx to bios 3.40.

Still getting issues booting.

Are there any new beta versions available to test ?
Synoche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synoche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 4:12pm
Hello i also get a problem with the new 3.30 bios for x470 taichi ultimate. Cpu is a 2600. After bios Upgrade i cant boot a single ssd. Neither linux nor win 10. I dont have any clue why because i have even a newer version of the chipset driver then recommended. Hopefully you have an idea.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Synoche Synoche wrote:

Hello i also get a problem with the new 3.30 bios for x470 taichi ultimate. Cpu is a 2600. After bios Upgrade i cant boot a single ssd. Neither linux nor win 10. I dont have any clue why because i have even a newer version of the chipset driver then recommended. Hopefully you have an idea.

Why the hell did you update to that 3.30 Bios? You have a 2600 and Bios 2.00 should be the best for this CPU.

But what do you mean with "i cant boot a single ssd"?
M2_1 with a NVME-M2 or SATA-M2 SSD?
M2_2 ...?
SATA port with an SATA SSD?
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
Synoche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synoche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 7:15pm
I upgraded because i want to upgrade to 3900. Just simple sata ssds no fancy m2s.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 9:03pm

I upgraded because i want to upgrade to 3900. Just simple sata ssds no fancy m2s.

Ok, this is a known issue.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
Synoche View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synoche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

Ok, this is a known issue.

Ok thanks for the answer. So i have to wait for a new bios i guess.
Daveydguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveydguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 3:04am
Turned my pc on today
B450 itx, 3600 cpu, Rx 580.

It booted up from cold after leaving it alone. Previously I powered off again and again until boot.

Can we have bios which supports zen 3000 only and separate bios for zen 1000/2000 series.

If 16mb of bios memory is not enough to support all versions.
sebastianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 4:06am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Thanks Sebastainer, is this a fresh OS install or did you upgrade the CPU and keep the original OS? There are significant architectural differences between gen 2 and gen 3 Ryzen that could be causing sleep issues. I would try a fresh OS install (on a spare drive if you have one) and see if the issue persists.

Hi Xaltar,

I bought this motherboard, installed a temporary Ryzen 5 1600, then upgraded to BIOS 3.30, installed clean Windows 10 and used the Ryzen 1600 for a week.

I didn't had these issues with the 1600.

After swapping the 1600 for a 3700X, first POST was really hard (let's call this "try to boot for the first time"), fan was turning on, and off, PC was turning on and off, like the Motherboard was trying hard to POST, until it finally did it and everything worked fine, booted windows 10, (installed AMD chipset drivers again, AMD guy told me to do this when swapping the CPU).

I can leave my PC 24/7 playing games etc without issues.

Now, if I sleep my PC, or I try to shutdown my PC, or I basically disconnect the PSU, then:

The motherboard, again, start to "kind of trying to boot the Ryzen 3700X" like if it was the first time, fans goes on, fans goes off, automatically restart a few times, until finally boot and the bios goes back to default (example: Fan speed changes from Custom curve, to Standard speed).

The easiest way to replicate my issue is to turn off the PC, turn off the PSU (disconnect the cable) and when I connect the PSU again. The motherboard has a hard time to POST.

I don't think this is related to Windows, because all these problem happens before even booting the NVME drive, before my USB keyboard is turned on (before keyboard light turn on) and also before the Display get a video signal from the motherboard.

I think I'm not the only one with this issue, some guy in Reddit with the same motherboard and I think CPU, told me that when he finally got a successful POST decided to leave his PC on 24/7 disabling sleep.

(Off topic: I also tried to clear my CMOS, tried the jumper, tried removing the battery for 10 minutes, without the PSU connected, etc. But my "profiles" are still there, they are not wiped, so I guess the CMOS clear is not working)).
MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 108>
  Share Topic