ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Synoche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 11:54pm
my problem was solved with the bios downgrade to 3.20
wenerikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 12:12am
Originally posted by KGDorsidhion KGDorsidhion wrote:

Ok so im having booting issues where most of the time it takes a few tries, bios resets then it boots. Seem common right now so not too worried about that, also ram frequency issues, cant get to run at advertised speeds, seems common as well. Heres where i have some deviations, not sure if they are related to running a Ryzen 5 3600. RAM seems more stable and I can achieve higher frequency clocks on A1/B1. Had it running stable at 3000mhz. Ran IntelBurnTest on Maximum for 10 cycles no issue, Windows 10 built in memory diagnostic no issues. Memtestx86 threw 3 errors during test 13, the hammer test, but by my limited reading, that shouldnt be too much of a problem, correct me if im wrong. But heres the kicker, running the RAM in slots A2/B2 like recommended running at the same settings as previous I got 4 BSOD (all different error codes) within maybe 10 minutes and windows 10 memory diagnostic almost immediately threw a hardware issue. My second issue is I had W10 installed on a NVME SSD (SATA3, i believe) installed in slow M.2-2, once my bluescreens occured id get to the windows splash screen but windows would not load. tried repair, instantly fails. Am i looking at more than Ryzen 3000 compatibility issues or is it just that. Specs in signature, mobo and cpu are new as of Saturday 7/27

I'm here in the forum for already 2 weeks (since I bought that bloody Asrock's mobo) and apart common boot and m.2 issues I haven't seen such problems...

Before installing system on m.2 I used OS from external usb drive (can be installed on the laptop for example), so you can try as well.

Note that Ryzen 5 3600 causes a bit more problems with current raw bioses than 3700x and 3900x cpu's.
amol_ykzi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amol_ykzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 12:16am
Hello there

I also have a B450 Steel legend with Ryzen 3600

I am currently Running BIOS p2.30 and facing high temperatures on the stock cooler.
idle its about 50-60 spiking
normal video editing its goes 70+
and during load/ rendering its goes 83-90

Any help for a similar setup bro ?
Should I update the BIOS to 2.60 which is the latest ? Is it buggy or run the same BIOS which i'm currently running ?

any help is appreciated [My mail knif3r35@gmail.com]
xD
wenerikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 12:26am
Originally posted by amol_ykzi amol_ykzi wrote:

Hello there

I also have a B450 Steel legend with Ryzen 3600

I am currently Running BIOS p2.30 and facing high temperatures on the stock cooler.
idle its about 50-60 spiking
normal video editing its goes 70+
and during load/ rendering its goes 83-90

Any help for a similar setup bro ?
Should I update the BIOS to 2.60 which is the latest ? Is it buggy or run the same BIOS which i'm currently running ?

any help is appreciated [My mail knif3r35@gmail.com]

Have different mobo but same CPU. Temperature is changing between 40-75, usually even without any load temp is 55 deg. A lot of people is complaining about stock cooler, maybe they are right or maybe this is also one of the current BIOS issues.
af22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote af22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 12:33am
Personally i would update to 2.60. Improved stability.

Temps without load fluctuates between mid 40s to 50s deg as per ryzen master
sebastianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 12:50am
Temps are high due to the current frequency boost algorithms. It's a fact related to all motherboards right now.

If You want to have lower temperatures you can disable boost in the BIOS or you can enable manual overclock (example: in a ryzen 3700X 4.0Ghz on all cores + 1.22v vcore). Gives a good performance and low safe voltage.

But a temp or voltage issue I think it's likely the same in all the AMD motherboards running Zen 2 Agesa.

You can read more about this on this topic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cbls9g/the_final_word_on_idle_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/
MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 12:52am
Hardware Unboxed just released a video about high idle voltages, well, a Q&A that covers the question. I would expect that has something to do with the higher than expected idle temps. If so, it's probably going to get sorted with a BIOS/AGESA update.

I don't have a 3000 series CPU to test with so I can only go off what you guys are sharing here and review coverage etc off the web. I do have copies of all the current beta BIOSes off JZ's website and will be testing with my 1600x and X370 Taichi and X370 Gaming K4 but I am not sure how much use that will be with a first gen CPU.

My contacts at ASRock confirmed that they are being thorough in their testing rather than rushing new updates out the door which is great news. I had suspected that was the case but it's nice to hear it from the horses mouth. The beta BIOSes available are the ones they are testing right now and they are paying close attention to user feedback so this thread is proving useful. If I could ask you all to keep an eye out for other users making new threads reporting issues and direct them to post here that would be most helpful. I can't catch every thread so if we work together we can keep the issues listed in one place to make it easier to see what is common and what is specific to a particular user and config.

Also, check to make sure PBO is turned off, this will result in high temps at the moment and apparently the current AGESA enables it by default.

Edited by Xaltar - 30 Jul 2019 at 12:53am
Xcomp666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xcomp666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 1:35am
After 3.40 bios update, my system is running pretty stable now. My only issue now is about PBO. Using Aida 64 or Cinebench R20, I am getting clocks highers then 4.3 GHz with 1 or 2 cores. the other ones are stuck in 4.0 - 4.1 GHz. :(
Any thoughts?

Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming itx/Ac
Bios version: 3.30
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Memory: F4-3200C16D-16GVKB
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO M.2
GPU: GTX EVGA 1070 TI OC
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 3:30am
Saw an article on Toms Hardware about this very thing this morning:
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-3000-turbo-boost-frequency-analysis,6253.html

Now I take anything Tom's says with a heap of salt these days but with things like this they are usually still mostly on point.
Xcomp666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xcomp666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 3:52am
Exactly What I thought. Zen 2 architecture is not mature enough.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 108>
  Share Topic