ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 1:29am
Originally posted by ISwearToGod ISwearToGod wrote:

Originally posted by Wick0 Wick0 wrote:

I sold AB350 itx ac and buy ASUS ROG STRIX X470-I GAMING and the asus works fantastic with ryzen 3600X and i can run 4,4Ghz on all cores :-) what a beast

boot problems on AB350 itx, makes me angry, when on Asus works all fine why not on Asrock ?

I was buying 100+ board from asrock to my customers, and they are all still working fine, but the boards was for intel cpu.

When my customer will buy AMD cpu now I will buy a Asus board, when intel than Asrock is the way.

The AsRock B350 board you had is a generation older than the Asus X470 board you have. That's why the Asus board is working and the AsRock one is not. You mean to tell us that you have a hand in buying computer hardware for customers even though you don't understand such a simple concept as one motherboard being older than the other one?

Mate, you are wrong! I have Asrock x470 and still have boot issues...
Bol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 1:44am
B450 gaming itx,3600 cpu, no storage devices visible on bios 3.30. Bios 3.40 results on bootloop and rarely seeing a bios screen, have reverted to 3.30 so I can update when required. Incidentally, board boots to Windows faultlessly with 2200g installed.
Bol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 1:50am
Using m2 sata drive btw
bluemokona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemokona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 11:56am
Hi all!

Just new here. I have freshly built w/ specs Ryzen 3600 and Asrock b450m Steel Legend. However, when turning it ON it doesn't have display and USB power but the fans and LEDs are ON. I have tried removing all the parts (RAM, GPU, m2, etc) retaining only the CPU but still the same results. Is this related to upgrade first the BIOS?

Thank you in advance
Diiimonn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diiimonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 6:20pm
hi
u need update your bios with other cp(seria 1000, 2000, athlon )
i did. but my pc start and after 5 minutes restarting
ps amd give athlon for update bios
guc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 7:51pm
I have a memory training problem.

Just built a system with:
Ryzen 5 3600
asrock Fatality B450 itx/ac (BIOS 3.30 originally, installed 3.40 now)
32GB (2x 16) Crucial LT Sport 3200 (later exchanged for Ripjaws 2x 8 3200)
Crucial P1 M.2 SSD (1TB)

When turning the system on, it powers up and down several times before I even get the monitor to turn on and the BIOS screen to come available.
Sometimes it goes thru this cycle and gets to the BIOS and boots, and others it gets stuck and does not finish POST.

When it boots all the way, it works fantastic and I can even reboot and get to the BIOS config and change some parameters. But on a full power cycle, it apparently looses BIOS configurations and does the long POST/BOOT cycle again.

I even went back to the store and exchanged the motherboard and switched RAM from Crucial to the Ripjaws V kit but still having the same problem.

I am getting a new PSU, but for me it seems the firmware is doing memory training every time it boots. I am almost going back to the store to return the whole set and getting an Intel-based set... or might switch to a X570 but not sure the results will be the same.

Anyone else with the same long POST problem?
alxzndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alxzndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by guc guc wrote:

I have exactly the same problem, with my b450 itx board on bios 3.41 (beta) and a ryzen 3700x :(
sebastianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2019 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by guc guc wrote:

I have a memory training problem.

Just built a system with:
Ryzen 5 3600
asrock Fatality B450 itx/ac (BIOS 3.30 originally, installed 3.40 now)
32GB (2x 16) Crucial LT Sport 3200 (later exchanged for Ripjaws 2x 8 3200)
Crucial P1 M.2 SSD (1TB)

When turning the system on, it powers up and down several times before I even get the monitor to turn on and the BIOS screen to come available.
Sometimes it goes thru this cycle and gets to the BIOS and boots, and others it gets stuck and does not finish POST.

When it boots all the way, it works fantastic and I can even reboot and get to the BIOS config and change some parameters. But on a full power cycle, it apparently looses BIOS configurations and does the long POST/BOOT cycle again.

I even went back to the store and exchanged the motherboard and switched RAM from Crucial to the Ripjaws V kit but still having the same problem.

I am getting a new PSU, but for me it seems the firmware is doing memory training every time it boots. I am almost going back to the store to return the whole set and getting an Intel-based set... or might switch to a X570 but not sure the results will be the same.

Let me know if the PSU helps. I don't think the PSU will help unless it's something the Ryzen 3000 need from the PSU that older CPUs (like Ryzen 1000 or Haswell were not requiring).

In my case I tried practically everything. Started removing the NVME, the Sata drivers, swapping the RAMs between the 2 slots, disconnecting Reset SW, disconnecting CPU_FAN, connecting the 2 back WiFi antennas (which I don't use).
Clear the CMOS removing battery. Tried Bios 3.30, 3.40 and two unreleased bios.

The only thing I haven't tried yet is to connect the FRONT PANEL AUDIO. (which I don't think it's related to this).

Unfortunately I can't disconnect the GPU because it's the only one I have (GTX 1080 Gigabyte G1, using Displayport here).

It's frustrating because when the PC boots, it works perfectly.
But when you shutdown the PC, put PC to sleep, or simply, disconnect the Powersupply, there is always a chance the motherboard won't post next time and will reset the UEFI settings.
MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
ncc1701z View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncc1701z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 12:02am
B450 Pro4 user here.

Previously I was using a Ryzen 5 2400G with the 1.80 BIOS, everything worked fine.

Then trying to prepare an upgrade to Ryzen 5 3600, I updated the BIOS to 3.50; after that everytime I make any single change in the BIOS my Adata SX8200 won't be able to boot, forcing me to use the default. I had to clear CMOS every time to make it able to boot again. During this time I was using two Team Elite DDR4-2666 sticks that worked fine on dual channel without XMP (it wasn't a dual channel kit).

Finally I upgraded to the CPU mentioned above; also upgraded the RAM to a Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz dual channel kit. Now not only my PC suffers from very slow boot like many others, it always resets each time the PC is turned on and passed the POST, and the XMP Profile can't be loaded because the BIOS still don't allow any changes to be made.

Reading from above posts it seems I'm not the only one with this situation.
I understand this is part of an early adopter problem, however I suspect AGESA is not the only culprit here. I hope the next BIOS fixed all this and that it comes real soon.
guc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2019 at 12:31am
I will get the PSU early next week but am not hopeful. I did not try changing GPUs either and have an RX580 (MSI Armor RX580).

I did try connecting and disconnecting Front-Panel Audio, not change in behavior.

Same problems with the PC Sleep and Reboot - it is a lottery but seems the longer I keep it in sleep mode or shutdown, the higher the possiblity it will go in the long Post loop.

I am also hopeful a firmware update with a new AGESA release will fix this problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 108>
  Share Topic