ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efegue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Irfaanm Irfaanm wrote:

I have the B450m Steel Legend and the ABBA bios is not out yet. I'm also patiently awaiting it.

As for the other post about RAM. 3200mhz ram not on the QVL List would not enable the XMP profile, I had to manually OC to 3200 mhz. From all the research i've done, 3200mhz is the sweet spot if ONLY gaming. Anything else like productivity etc will benefit from 3600mhz. If you dont want to upgrade from 3200mhz or carrying over 3200 mhz from a previous build , then look at tightening your timings. That will benefit you more then having to buy more ram.

Lets keep this thread alive with feedback and discussions etc, I noticed the Asrock community is a bit quiet online compared to asus and gigabyte

I've updated the BIOS of my B450M Steel Legend yesterday and tried again to use XMP after setting the default BIOS settings to no avail, BSoD's everywhere. I had to manually OC the ram to 3200MHz so it would work.

Does spread spectrum work for you? I've tried to disable it but it doesn't work... also BCLK OC doesn't work either.. there's no change in CPU clock if I set it to 100....101, etc. CPU-Z always shows me the BUS as 99.98 or something.
Hurley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 11:14pm
I have the x570 Phantom Gaming 4 WiFi ax and experienced problems with the ABBA bios.

I experienced multiple BSOD after updating to the 1.7 bios version. Reverting to the 1.4 version seems to have resolved the issues, but it's a shame I can't get the ABBA fix at the moment. Has anybody had similar issues?

I plan to troubleshoot further and see if the bios update is really responsible for the BSOD I was getting and update you all later.
anttielei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anttielei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 1:50am
Happy to report that:

Asrock B450M Pro4 @ Bios 3.60
+AMD Ryzen 3600
+G.Skill Trident Z NEO 3600Mhz CL16

Works perfectly straight out of the box with no need to tinker or manually set anything except enable the XMP profile.
soulstealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 3:21am
hello,

i tried to get a ryzen 3600 to run on ab350 pro4 mainboard which resulted in massive bsods during and post windows installation. i tried over 10 hours with all kinds of bios setting, resets and windows installation. it was impossible to run the cpu without massive bsod errors.

it appeared that the cpu / mainboard had severe issues when accessing usb devices like usb installation media or wifi sticks which caused the bsods.

as soon as the system interacted with those devices by running a windows installation copying files from or to usb or establishing a wifi connection it would lock up with a bsod or hard reset / reboot.

varios bsod types were shown:

- system pte misue
- irql driver not equal
- diverse kernel errors, ua kernel security, Kernel Auto Boost Lock Acquisition with Raised IRQL, etc

it is clear that the current bios (AB350 Pro4(6.00)ROM) is unable to run the ryzen 3600 and cause massive problems. a new bios version update is needed severely.

regards   
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 4:33am
Originally posted by soulstealer soulstealer wrote:

hello,

i tried to get a ryzen 3600 to run on ab350 pro4 mainboard which resulted in massive bsods during and post windows installation. i tried over 10 hours with all kinds of bios setting, resets and windows installation. it was impossible to run the cpu without massive bsod errors.

it appeared that the cpu / mainboard had severe issues when accessing usb devices like usb installation media or wifi sticks which caused the bsods.

as soon as the system interacted with those devices by running a windows installation copying files from or to usb or establishing a wifi connection it would lock up with a bsod or hard reset / reboot.

varios bsod types were shown:

- system pte misue
- irql driver not equal
- diverse kernel errors, ua kernel security, Kernel Auto Boost Lock Acquisition with Raised IRQL, etc

it is clear that the current bios (AB350 Pro4(6.00)ROM) is unable to run the ryzen 3600 and cause massive problems. a new bios version update is needed severely.

regards   

It sounds like unstable or incompatible RAM. Could you list your full system specs please.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 8:54am
i dont think so, because the ram runs fine and prime stable with the 1700 cpu on the board, even with optimized fast cl14 timings and 3400 mhz.

ram is Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-3000, CL15-16-16 (BLS2K8G4D30AESBK)

i tried all kinds of setting for the ram without success, even the xmp profile. the ram is definitely not the problem, because as i said, as soon i would establish a wifi connection over usb the system would crash.

the system would also crash depending on different usb sticks used. one usb stick worked to install windows, one of another facturer crashed during installation. one wifi stick crashed immediately on connection, the other only after a while. so the system would crash depending on different usb chips / manufacturers. as soon as usb activity was going on, the system would crash. so its definitely not a ram but an usb problem of the ryzen 3000 cpu. i suspect either incompatibility or damaged usb controller on the cpu. it may be that the cause of this lies at a faulty implementation of usb 3.2 and the addition of a legacy mode could help with it.

full specs:

https://pastebin.com/7YxmwdpF

sorry, but ram is clearly not the issue here because this one is the most compatible ram for all ryzen cpus and motherboards. sounds to me like ryzen 3000 is an unfinished product rushed to the market at the expense of consumers, where amd failed to realize the promise of backward compatibility.

side note: the 6.00 bios for the ab350 pro4 has 3 different menus now, that feature the same settings (dram timings and options like gear down, power down, etc), which can be set independently from each other. so i can set gear down enable in one menu and set it to disable in the other and set it to auto in the next. needless to say it should never be that one setting can have multiple values in a bios at the same time. this is also true for other settings like pbo and maybe some more, but these are just the ones that i noticed on short.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 1:08pm
Yeah, right with you there soulstealer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdxyTWSeRx4

I suspected RAM because it's one of the few components that can cause a broad
spectrum of errors. It could also be the IMC on the CPU, the UEFI version,
overheating southbridge (chipset) or the CPU not being seated properly. There
should be a new BIOS available for your board soon. Just be sure to restore
BIOS defaults before updating and use the instant flash version. You can also
check your temps and make sure you are not running hot on the chipset (which
controls the IO including USB).

Haenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 7:30pm
Anyone got some new updates for the B450 ITX Gaming/ac?
I'm waiting since 4 weeks for a fixed bios (postloop..)

When i check the updates.. I think Intel and X570 is much more important as the B450 boards

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 12:38am
@xaltar:

agreed - it could be a lot of things and i did everything as recommended, temps are overly optimal, too. cleared and even flashed the bios multiple times. tried a plethora of settings and put all my pc-magic of 20 yrs of experience to use without success. since everything is working like a charm without ryzen 3000 i suspect the issue lies right there. im suprised there is even trouble with b450 and x570 chipsets.

can you say when exactly the new bios will come? because i bought that cpu from a shop and they wait on my decision as to rma it and so on.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 3:32am
No clue I'm afraid, when I ask my contacts at ASRock about things like this
they usually just tell me it's not ready yet or it will be up soon so I don't
ask anymore. I don't think there is a set timeline, when it's done it goes up.
If you have concerns about return windows, I would go ahead and return it. You
can always buy another one in a month or two once things mature a bit. The
AGESA code coming from AMD is far from dialed in. I just updated my X570 Taichi
to 2.10 with the latest ABBA AGESA and had to revert to 2.00 because it broke
compatibility with my RAM (XMP was no longer stable @3600).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 108>
  Share Topic