ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buplovaina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 3:56am
I bought a b450 pro4 and I have a ryzen 5 3400g and it wont boot
soulstealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 5:46am
ryzen 5 3400g is actually not really ryzen 3000 but ryzen 2000 repacked. what bios version you have? actually the cpu should be supported by the board from start. if you are using onchip gpu check your bios settings and wether the right output port is used.

if you have the same issue like in this video, you probably need to update your bios and and probably an extra cpu to do that. would be best to ask the shop where you got it from to update it for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxcPRgXinRA
Irfaanm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irfaanm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2019 at 10:13pm
I havent actually tried any other sort of overclocking besides manually setting the DRAM voltage to 1.50v and setting the ram to 3200mhz , will wait for the ABBA bios before trying anything else . Hopefully its just teething problems

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2019 at 9:53am
1.5v for dram is way too much and may damage your ram in the long run.    3200mhz should work with 1.35v fine.

its shocking to see how users are left in the dark by amd and asrock, run the risk of damaging their hardware / property and finances due to lack of information, support and compatibility. users are wasting time and money now which was saved in the developement of zen 2 and thats a big mess to be honest.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 5:50am
update: theres a high chance that a lot of issues with zen 2 / ryzen 3000 are directly related to faulty m2 implementation of the respective bios'.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 6:32am
and btw guys, you / we dont need to take this from amd, asrock or retailers. there are laws and other legal actions for a situation like with zen 2.
Oirllah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oirllah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 9:18am
Small update on my troubles with b450 fatal1ty gaming itx ac, retailer returned it to me, apparently when they install ryzen 1200 and another components everything just worked fine. I was out of 2 weeks return chance, and as mb are not broken, they suggest i should look at other hardware as a potential problem.
After I assembled system it cold post straight away, but exiting bios without changing anything goes straight to the "no signal" post problem. Only leaving pc completely out of power for 1+ hour revived it.
Looks like im stuck, pretty sure all other components alone are working fine too, especially when booted system works somewhat stable, some weird teamperature spikes appears while idle at desktop, but that's the least of my problems.
Last hope for BIOS update.
RyzenGoat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyzenGoat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 11:12am
Ryzen 5 3600 on Asrock Taichi Bios p3.40

I am having interesting issues with PCIe lanes. I have 2x GTX 980s that I cant get to play nice in SLI. Yes the dreaded SLI. i've had my share of driver and other issues with SLI over the years but this one seems to be Motherboard / CPU or Bios related

With bios set to 2x8 I only get 1x8 +1x2 so SLI wont activate. Ive remove the NVME drive to make sure theres no issue there (though its supposed to have x4 dedicated lanes) and no other PCIE slots occupied. I've tested the 980s in another machine - x16 just fine.

1050w seasonic power supply so cant see it being a power issue.

Can anyone confirm successful SLI on the x470 taichi (non-ultimate) with the P4.30 Bios? not sure if this is a software issue or I just hit a bad X470 Taichi / CPU hardware wise?

p.s. with a single card I can get x8 in the slot that reverts to x2 and I have swapped card same result always the same PCIE slot that revverts to x2 (PCIE-1) which makes me think it's Bios or faulty CPU controller?.

if I've missed something obvious let me know but in 15 years of building rigs I've never seen this praticular problem before.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by RyzenGoat RyzenGoat wrote:

Ryzen 5 3600 on Asrock Taichi Bios p3.40

I am having interesting issues with PCIe lanes. I have 2x GTX 980s that I cant get to play nice in SLI. Yes the dreaded SLI. i've had my share of driver and other issues with SLI over the years but this one seems to be Motherboard / CPU or Bios related

With bios set to 2x8 I only get 1x8 +1x2 so SLI wont activate. Ive remove the NVME drive to make sure theres no issue there (though its supposed to have x4 dedicated lanes) and no other PCIE slots occupied. I've tested the 980s in another machine - x16 just fine.

1050w seasonic power supply so cant see it being a power issue.

Can anyone confirm successful SLI on the x470 taichi (non-ultimate) with the P4.30 Bios? not sure if this is a software issue or I just hit a bad X470 Taichi / CPU hardware wise?

p.s. with a single card I can get x8 in the slot that reverts to x2 and I have swapped card same result always the same PCIE slot that revverts to x2 (PCIE-1) which makes me think it's Bios or faulty CPU controller?.

if I've missed something obvious let me know but in 15 years of building rigs I've never seen this praticular problem before.

you sound like me only that i said i never seen something like this in 20 years of building. zen 2 is trash / early access - end of story.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by RyzenGoat RyzenGoat wrote:

Which slots are you using?
It may have something to do with Ryzen 3000 having PCIe 4.0 support and the board
not supporting it. There are still quite a few issues with the AGESA that need
ironing out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 108>
  Share Topic