ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMC51450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:12pm
What's up guys !!!

I was stuck with bsod's just like you guys and i fixed it !!!

You should understand that ABBA is a complete rewrite so things have changed and that's why we get so many bsod's !!! Like if banana is now apple so you're devices still try to reach banana but since it now is apple then it crash (simplification of explications to make things easily understandable) !!!

I'll skip the Who am i part and goin straight to the solution...

So even by simply downgrading to previous firmware you'll get bsod's !!! I have tried every firmwares and still got bsod's !!! So since i think every firmware updates are done based on the first firmware release i decided to do that !!! There is a Very important note: BEFORE doin a firmware update YOU HAVE TO FACTORY RESET YOUR BIOS SETTINGS !!!

Here is the steps:

You will need the first bios and the latest abba bios on a usb stick that you'll format in fat32 before putting the 2 bios on it !!!

Factory reset bios settings
Flash bios with the fast flash app by pressing the proper key when you see post screen...in my case it's F6
Once done you press enter then computer shut off
Unplug power from psu...let the psu in ON mode like if the power cord is pluggued... remove battery from board... then hold Power button for 5 seconds then release... hold again the power button for 5 seconds then release... put back battery on board... plug power cord in psu... power on your computer then go again in the fast flashing tool by pressing (F6 in my case) then flash bios to the Newwer ABBA bios !!!
Once done you do like for the first flash aka you hit enter then computer close... you unplug power cord from psu... you remove battery from motherboard... you press power button and hold it for 5 seconds...release...again press power and hold it 5 seconds...release... put battery back on the board... plug power cord in psu... power on computer and let it run in windows... stut off computer via windows !!! Start computer again then go in bios to set what you want... but here is what i found with my x570 board... Don't touch anything except for ram and misc options like boot drives and enabling sr10v if you have ect... by doin any change in bios for these settings i saw bsod's !!!

So in my case i have a 3200mhz kit and can't run at 3200 at all... but i managed without changing a lot of things to run it at 3066mhz full stable... enable xmp then restart... if it restart right away then you all good lucky mot...fu...r :p but if like me it reboot then let it reboot till it post screen again then enter bios again... in my case the first clock i managed to get is 3000 then restart...no other changes...restart right away so enter bios again then raise to 3066 then restart...won't pass so i let it reboot till post screen then enter bios again...then just changing ddr voltage...take a look it says around 1.1 or 1.2v so i set 2.750 and restart...pass but will load windows and bsod right away so enter bios and raised by 0.25 so 1.00, 1.250, 1.350(recomended for 3200 on this kit)...then 1.375 and boom it pass right away so enter again in bios then save profile and F10 save and restart then run in windows !!! From there it's all good but since i know some things i formatted my usb stick and put win 10 pro on it to fresh install !!! Transfered files on other drives then restarted computer...entering bios... format your drive to install windows via tools in bios...in my case i use nvme sanitisation... once done i press F10 save and restart but in my case computer won't shut off... only screen will become black so i manually press power button then computer shut off...if it don't then hold power button for 5 seconds. Once off you'll power on computer and enter bios and go to boot drives priority and disable them all except your drive you will use for windows in first priority... boot order i set nvme first then the usb stick in second and nothing in the third !!! F10 save and restart... then while post screen press F11 for boot options then select the usb stick and enter !!!

IF YOU HAVE HDD'S OR SSD'S AS BOOT DRIVES WITH THE MAIN DRIVE YOU'LL USE FOR WINDOWS... NOTE THAT IT WILL INSTALL FILES FROM THE WINDOWS INSTALLATION ON THEM making windows dependable of them...SO IF ONE OF THEM DIE OR IS REMOVED FROM COMPUTER THEN WINDOWS WON'T BOOT AT ALL !!! THAT'S WHY IT'S IMPORTANT TO REMOVE THEM FROM BOOT DISCS AND JUST LET THE MAIN DRIVE YOU'LL USE FOR WINDOWS !!!

ps: in my case...at this exact point i tried installing windows 10 pro as mbr and it did install completely but when restarting by itself it then restart the installation...again and again...i tried like 17 times in a row...even tried after the reboot to repair windows installation ect and no success at all !!! I never liked uefi but since i was stuck there i decided to sanitize nvme again then F11 and choosed uefi partition 1 and it installed flawlessly...reboot in windows to finalize installation and everything went perfectly !!! once final restart it enter in windows again...

Install chipset driver from asrock even if there is a newer from amd...RESTART
install raid drivers from asrock... if asked to restart then restart
install video driver All In One with vga driver from asrock... RESTART
install lan driver from asrock... RESTART
install audio driver... RESTART
install app shop from asrock and choose things you want if there is...in my case i just install xfast lan
go on java.com get the latest java versions aka x64 and x32 versions...install both then restart
I use Firefox Developer edition as main browser and chrome to manage my router aka an XR500 so i install both
go on codecguide.com to get both flash player..don't take the inter explorer version just the 2 others...install them
I use and Strongly recommend Klite codec pack for optimal video quality on every computer !!! I can do a post about the settings i use and recommend also with advanced tv settings... if you guys want it !!!
Aright here is something i seen nobody talking about so here what you need to do from there... go in windows update and search updates...don't go in advanced options to enable updates for other products yet...just update then restart when it will ask it...cause yes it will ;) go again in update and search updates...it will update again and ask to restart so do it...after that one you can search a third time for updates but it won't be new ones :p
Now and very Important even if nobody talk about it... Open microsoft store and upper right click the 3 dots ... then click Downloads and Updates... then click on the blue button Get updates and wait till it updates the apps cause yes it will and the first time it will take a couple of mins for completion of all updates depending on your internet connection bandwith !!! The store will close and re open while updating all apps... once all updates done click once again on get updates just to confirm there is noo new updates or missing updates... once it confirm two times in a row that you're good to go then restart computer.
Now go on amd.com to get latest chipset driver... Install and RESTART
Now go on (normally i go on amd.com to get gpu drivers but they updated it yesterday with same ..9.2 version number but different production date...they always do that) and get the 19.9.2 sept12 version...works better than yesterday's version... Install and RESTART
Now you just updated your chipset and display drivers so you can install whatever you want or need like apps or games ect
Most of the time when you install something you want to restart computer before using it !!! ;)

I never had another bsod since doin it like that...yep all these steps... might look like insane but trust me that's how i do it and it now work flawlessly !!! I can explain things in way much deeper language but that won't help so i vulgarise and simplify things to make things easier to understand for everybody or at least for the majority :p !!!

I am an Intel advanced user and both times i tried amd cpu it ended up selling them and getting back to intel... i learned so many things with thousands of problems related to bioses...motherboards...psus...rams...ect...learned how to manually update bioses to be more up to date than motherboard manufacturers...found thousands of solutions and workarounds... intel was sh*t and still is sh*t but was better than amd at time... my 4th gen 4790k devil canyon's motherboard died because of a power failure caused by crap corsair ax860i... while updating a bios fix... i then bought a cheaper i5 5th gen with new board then boom it died right after first post... i then waited till Ryzen gen 2 pops in cause that's the begining of AMD's domination over intel !!! With everything new my 3200 ddr4 kit don't run at 3200mhz...have a lot of bsod's... man that affect a man's heart :p but i still managed to work around things and finally used some of my knowledge to understand how things work now and how amd treat things now and how the asrock manufacturer treat things too... and came to conclusion of the steps i just shared to you guys !!! And seriously that feel so good to enjoy a flawless computer experience !!!

Fist time ever with Asrock and got deception at first boot... holded up to it and after managing things up i'm happy that i did !!! Still there is work for them to do so we'll hope that they properly fix things up so we all can enjoy a flawless experience !!!

It's my first post here and not my last yet :p
English is me second language so i sometimes use words that might not be the bests but at least i do my best to clarify things as much as i can to help most people !!! My fist language is french so i can help in french too !!!

My setup:
Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4
Ryzen 3400G
Gamdias water cooler
T-Force Delta R 16gig 3200mhz
Lexar NM600 M.2 2280 pcie gen 3x4 nvme ssd
Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W
1tb hdd and a 2tb hdd

Moshou
DMC51450 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMC51450 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:16pm

Moshou HDMI 2.1 active optical fiber 8K cable
Samsung Premium 4K UN55NU8000 changed as Qled by advanced settings
Sleeping 1ms console competition BenQ 2460
Full Cat8 setup run by Netgear XR500
Ps4 Pro with Savage SSD
Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 headset

I suggest you to take pics of my post so you won't forget things !!! By re-reading you'll mostly figure how things work and steps to take !!! From there ya'll be able to test bios settings since you saved the basic working settings with decent ram frequency so if after an hour of testings you desperate then just load saved settings and F10 save and restart... computer will reboot flawlessly with previously saved settings profile !!!

If you have questions just ask...

Take care... Peeeaace !!!

Daniel DMC Marion aka DMC51450
radry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:20pm
Still no 1.0.0.3 ABBA for B450 Gaming-ITX. Where is Bios 3.60 ??

Every other manufacturer has updated their B450 boards, except Asrock.

My PC is unusable due to massive boot loops. It takes me about 5 Minutes of shutting off/on until it finally reaches POST and boots.

I've been in contact with support since June to troubleshoot but they are useless and can't help. They always try to suggest some component is broken, which is unlikely. All components are brand new and many other people have the same problem even with different components.

I tried different settings in Bios, 3 different Bios versions, tried unplugging some components and so on... there is no solution.

This is 100% a bios issue or a bug in the CPU, since it's the only thing responsible for booting until it gets to POST.
Sweston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 10:33pm
Yup getting very annoyed
Daveydguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveydguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 2:00am
You can understand why people buy consoles so they don't have to go through all this sh*t.

Fine if you have time on your hands and not married with kids.
T1125P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T1125P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 2:57am
I read that the x470 taichi bios 3.60 works with the 3700x with hardly an issue from some posters here. Good news for me as I will buy the 3700x but probably not upgrade to the ABBA bios once it's released. All future builds after this will be Intel.
x470 Taichi v5.10
5800X3D (Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B)
G.SKILL Flare X Series (8GBx4) 32GB 3200 CL14
970 Evo 1TB+SK Hynix 2TB
PNY RTX 4070 Super
SoundBlaster AE-7
EVGA 850W Platinum
LG WH16NS40
AOC Q24G2A
Oirllah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oirllah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 9:05am
Some already speculate that b550 boards coming in October. Wish our bios saver updates will fix post sooner.
soulstealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 10:58am
@DMC51450: your wall of text is complete bs. cool story you set your ram voltage to 2.75v. please dont ever post your magic bs here again(, unless you want to pay for injury award and damaged pc parts of other ppl).

@everyone else: seems like only asrock boards are making real trouble with zen 2. so all of this is not a zen 2, but an purely asrock issue.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by soulstealer soulstealer wrote:

@DMC51450: your wall of text is complete bs. cool story you set your ram voltage to 2.75v. please dont ever post your magic bs here again(, unless you want to pay for injury award and damaged pc parts of other ppl).

@everyone else: seems like only asrock boards are making real trouble with zen 2. so all of this is not a zen 2, but an purely asrock issue.

lol i think you havent seen the asus forums then
soulstealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

Originally posted by soulstealer soulstealer wrote:

lol i think you havent seen the asus forums then

what kind of problems are reported there, same as here? i see alot of msi boards are actually working nicely with zen 2, like MSI B450M PRO-VDH Plus, yet b450 tomahawk max are burning off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 108>
  Share Topic