ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irfaanm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 4:12pm
Still waiting for ABBA bios update (B450m Steel Legend) :( :( :(
soulstealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 4:59pm
lol, ok i just checked, this is just insane...
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:12pm
basically anything pre ABB have lots of problems anything after that is 100% ram not compatible or requires manual setting

take note i'm using a pre ryzen ram bought because it was cheaper than a 3200 CL14 when i built my system there is no way it will run XMP CL 18 even set to 3200

but i'm here hapily at 3533 cl 14 and will do 3800 once i get my hands on 3950X assuming my board supports it

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

basically anything pre ABB have lots of problems anything after that is 100% ram not compatible or requires manual setting

take note i'm using a pre ryzen ram bought because it was cheaper than a 3200 CL14 when i built my system there is no way it will run XMP CL 18 even set to 3200

but i'm here hapily at 3533 cl 14 and will do 3800 once i get my hands on 3950X assuming my board supports it

how is it possible so many people have so many different issues and thers no word on the regular gaming press and reviews? it must have become so popular by now that everyone should know and it cant be ignored nomore.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:35pm
normal practise to check qvl

and press will usually use samsung b-die and they only use certified kits and keep them in xmp
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by soulstealer soulstealer wrote:

@everyone else: seems like only asrock boards are making real trouble with zen 2. so all of this is not a zen 2, but an purely asrock issue.

Next time actually verify with google before posting nonsense. Every manufacturer
has been hit by issues, I have seen issues reported across all the top
manufacturers, the issues seem to effect specific board models, the more popular
the model the more frequent the reported issues. In addition to that, it doesn't
effect every board of said models, only a fraction so other factors are at play
too. This kind of issue makes it very difficult to identify the problem and
correct it.

I get that a lot of people are angry with the state of things but I will not
tolerate this kind of comment. ASRock has issues, I will never pretend everything
they do is perfect but I also will not let comments like this slide, they help no
one and only serve to cause discontent and arguments on the forums.
We are here to support each other and try to help where we can, not brand bash.

Edited by Xaltar - 25 Sep 2019 at 5:56pm
softlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 6:28pm
Hi everyone

I have

b450 itx ac
ryzen 3600
2 X 8GB corsair vengeance 3200
500 GB evo nvme ssd

The box for the itx board has a sticker on it saying its ryzen 3000 ready so I assume the bios must be at least v 3.30.

Just keeps cycling the power and wont POST.
Left it cycling for ages and no luck.

I'm getting some kingston 2400 memory to see if that works.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Originally posted by soulstealer soulstealer wrote:

@everyone else: seems like only asrock boards are making real trouble with zen 2. so all of this is not a zen 2, but an purely asrock issue.

Next time actually verify with google before posting nonsense. Every manufacturer
has been hit by issues, I have seen issues reported across all the top
manufacturers, the issues seem to effect specific board models, the more popular
the model the more frequent the reported issues. In addition to that, it doesn't
effect every board of said models, only a fraction so other factors are at play
too. This kind of issue makes it very difficult to identify the problem and
correct it.

I get that a lot of people are angry with the state of things but I will not
tolerate this kind of comment. ASRock has issues, I will never pretend everything
they do is perfect but I also will not let comments like this slide, they help no
one and only serve to cause discontent and arguments on the forums.
We are here to support each other and try to help where we can, not brand bash.

yeah, sorry, my bad and please excuse. it happens due to lack of information and i know better now. understand i have wasted 300euro plus and counting for nothing and break hell lose to get things fixed, dozens of emails with retailer, amd and asrock. i was sent a 6.20 bios for the ab350 pro4, but the cpu is now already on the way to rma, because noone knows wether its the board, the bios or the cpu or all of them. the irony is rich and things are out of control.
Distortion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Distortion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 7:11pm
If anyone´s feeling adventurous, here´s a link to a topic where The Stilt posts modded bios versions with new AGESA.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1733304-agesa-fw-stack-patched-bioses-3rd-gen.html

Personally, I´ll wait for official releases, because I´m not having any problems with my rig right now (X470 Taichi, 3700X, Ballistix Sport 3200cl16)
sebastianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Distortion Distortion wrote:

If anyone´s feeling adventurous, here´s a link to a topic where The Stilt posts modded bios versions with new AGESA.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1733304-agesa-fw-stack-patched-bioses-3rd-gen.html

Personally, I´ll wait for official releases, because I´m not having any problems with my rig right now (X470 Taichi, 3700X, Ballistix Sport 3200cl16)

I'm happy there is no B450 ITX in that list. Otherwise I'd be tempted lol
MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 108>
  Share Topic