ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverDSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 6:48am
Originally posted by soulstealer soulstealer wrote:

Originally posted by GO2019 GO2019 wrote:

Asrock b450 pro4 + Ryzen 5 3600, Problem, cannot boot! help!!!

Please see the video I posed on the youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymQ2ONKB_N4

The symptom is: CPU and power supply keep rebooting but there is nothing displaying on the monitor after I jump the "power on" two pings. We have tested the memory with another system, they are fine. We have tried three power supplies. Same thing. We have returned and replaced both CPU and motherboard. Still the same. What can be wrong? Please advise. Thanks a lot!

Btw, the CPU fan is just a temp solution.It is small but has four pin connector and was a CPU fan for some old system.

Right now we are using on-board HDMI for display but I have tried the dedicated video card, no difference.

Also there is no hard drive connected but that does not matter, since at least we should see the booting page and bios.

Did we miss something stupid??? This happened to anyone here?

Please help! Thanks a lot!

here we go again, another user tricked by asrock / amd to buy a board that is actually unable to run zen2 contrary to advertising and specification. this is pretty bad. you are doing nothing wrong, its just that the bios arent ready. in other you like many others, including myself were tricked to buy something thats not what its pretending to be.

I guarantee the board will handle the 3600. I have exactly the same setup. Best to clear cmos and try again. Also, just because the memory is good in another machine does not mean it was made to work in this configuration. Make sure your components are all specified for your hardware. Also, new boot-ups after new hardware may take several attempts to boot until it figures out all the hardware.

Good Luck
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 3:19pm
Soulstealer, you have been warned before about making unhelpful posts. If all you
are going to post is a complaint please just don't. I think by now everyone is
aware that you have an axe to grind. This is not the thread to do that, people
post here for help, advice and to share solutions.

Originally posted by GO2019 GO2019 wrote:

Right now we are using on-board HDMI for display but I have tried the dedicated video card, no difference.

The Ryzen 3600 does not have an iGPU, you have to use a discrete GPU so don't
waste time testing with the onboard HDMI output. Put the dedicated GPU back in
there and connect your display to that.

Power cycling like you describe is typically caused by RAM failing to train
properly. As SilverDSS noted, clear CMOS to make sure you are attempting to
boot from default settings. Then power on the system and let it power cycle for
15mins, if it does not POST by then try some different RAM. RAM is a
frustrating bit of hardware these days. I have a DDR4 kit that literally only
works on intel systems, it will not even POST at 2133 on AM4 no matter what
custom settings I put in. Throw it in my i5 system and it POSTs immediately and
I can enable XMP.

Edited by Xaltar - 28 Oct 2019 at 3:20pm
radry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote radry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 3:00am
I took the plunge and installed the 3.54 beta Bios for the B450 gaming ITX.

It worked. It solved all my boot loops issues. Haven't tried "sleep" yet, which previously it couldn't wake up after a couple hours.

Regarding boost clocks. I still have 4192 Mhz (which is 8Mhz below advertised) but I don't care. This has been the same with every Bios version so far. Probably because the Bus clock is reported as only 99.8 Mhz instead of 100Mhz?
PBO (in overclocking bios menu) is disabled.

The CPU also runs slightly cooler now?!
linas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 7:39am
Hi, I have bought Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac with Ryzen 5 3600 for a new build. The PC is not POSTing with M.2 SSD card inserted. Tried 2 different M.2 SSDs, updated BIOS to 3.5 and still no luck. Motherboard is working fine with old SATA HDD. Read through half of this forum and seems like a lot of people are having similar issues. Anyone found a solution yet? Extremely disappointed with ASRock.
wenerikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2019 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by linas linas wrote:

Hi, I have bought Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac with Ryzen 5 3600 for a new build. The PC is not POSTing with M.2 SSD card inserted. Tried 2 different M.2 SSDs, updated BIOS to 3.5 and still no luck. Motherboard is working fine with old SATA HDD. Read through half of this forum and seems like a lot of people are having similar issues. Anyone found a solution yet? Extremely disappointed with ASRock.

Try beta version 3.54 for your mobo, download from here:
https://shop.jzelectronic.de/news.php?id=1572333180&sw=

Mate above says that it solved post problem
linas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2019 at 4:43am
Thanks. PC is now POST'ing but the M.2 SSD is not recognised in BIOS or by windows installer
wenerikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 3:44am

Thanks. PC is now POST'ing but the M.2 SSD is not recognised in BIOS or by windows installer

Are you sure that your mobo is fine? Because problem with recognising of M.2 was solved since issue of 3.40 beta version.

In the beginning I had bios 3.30, it had 2 main issues: POST and recognizing of M.2. Then with 3.40 update solved M.2 problem but even 3.50 didnt solve post bootloops. Only 3.53 (beta) for my mobo which will follow with 3.60 stable is promising one.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 2:15pm

Are the M.2 drives you have tested on the board's QVL list?

https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/Fatal1ty%20B450%20Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#Storage

Other than the possibility that they are unsupported I can't really think of
anything to suggest. It may be time to send a support ticket to ASRock:

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 4:01pm
the board supports both sata and pcie interface type m.2 in theory all types should work i'm leaning towards the board has something wrong on the slot itself
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2019 at 5:42pm
I am inclined to agree. There are a few M.2 models that have compatibility issues
but at this stage, Tech Support should be contacted so they can determine if
there is a fault with the board.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5960616263 108>
  Share Topic