ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max9R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 1:41am
Originally posted by watzupken81 watzupken81 wrote:

Yeah, I saw your post in the earlier page, but just don't know what was the issue that you are facing with the X470 Taichi. But I do agree that the BIOS is poor in this case. Flashing this back to an earlier P3.60 actually works fine for me. The P3.90 is just annoying me too much since it keeps failing to POST. Unfortunately for me, I've been using the board for close to a year now, so returning is not an option available for me.

I thought I was pretty clear on the problems? In short, it either won't post, or won't boot successfully if I have my daughters 3TB SATA drive plugged in or a USB thumb drive. To be clear, this isn't every time, occasionally it works, and when it does it's perfectly stable. If I disconnect these devices (and yes I've tried a total of 4 different hard drives) it boots fine with just her NVMe, and runs stable. This has been an issue for me since the first Ryzen 3000 bios. For me 3.90 was substantially worse than 3.60. However on 3.60 the boot issues still exist, along with the CPU not boosting fully, and being unable to run XMP Profiles with her RAM. At least 3.90 fixed the XMP issues, just everything else got worse. My board is over a year old too hehe...

Anyway I'm done with ASRock, their support is terrible, and their products are quickly neglected by them. This was a halo product second only to the Taichi Ultimate and they've completely ignored the issues. It's been almost a year since Ryzen 3000 launched, to still be at this state is completely ridiculous.
ViCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 6:57am
Originally posted by Max9R Max9R wrote:

Originally posted by watzupken81 watzupken81 wrote:

Yeah, I saw your post in the earlier page, but just don't know what was the issue that you are facing with the X470 Taichi. But I do agree that the BIOS is poor in this case. Flashing this back to an earlier P3.60 actually works fine for me. The P3.90 is just annoying me too much since it keeps failing to POST. Unfortunately for me, I've been using the board for close to a year now, so returning is not an option available for me.

I thought I was pretty clear on the problems? In short, it either won't post, or won't boot successfully if I have my daughters 3TB SATA drive plugged in or a USB thumb drive. To be clear, this isn't every time, occasionally it works, and when it does it's perfectly stable. If I disconnect these devices (and yes I've tried a total of 4 different hard drives) it boots fine with just her NVMe, and runs stable. This has been an issue for me since the first Ryzen 3000 bios. For me 3.90 was substantially worse than 3.60. However on 3.60 the boot issues still exist, along with the CPU not boosting fully, and being unable to run XMP Profiles with her RAM. At least 3.90 fixed the XMP issues, just everything else got worse. My board is over a year old too hehe...

Anyway I'm done with ASRock, their support is terrible, and their products are quickly neglected by them. This was a halo product second only to the Taichi Ultimate and they've completely ignored the issues. It's been almost a year since Ryzen 3000 launched, to still be at this state is completely ridiculous.

Let's make a petition to inform dealers and ASRock that we will sabotage their product (will make sales as low as we can). Maybe when they, ASRock, will start lose money, maybe then situation will change.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2020 at 5:33am
B450 Steel Legend - BIOS P3.40
1. Update AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.6
2. Improve graphics card compatibility
3. Improve memory compatibility
4. Improve UAD-2 DUO audio card compatibility
efegue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote efegue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 9:43pm
Waiting for the same update for my B450M Steel Legend
Silent84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 3:06pm
Hi there, b450 pro4(ryzen 3600) user, all the temperature sensor disappear from bios(last one)and HWMonitor,any ideas?[IMG]http://[/IMG]
user_mac01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote user_mac01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:16pm
JayzTwoCents has a YT vid upload HowTo (installing MS Win 10), URL = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYYoCXh2gtw&t=2s

He explains this very thing: detecting and setting your NVMe SSD drive and all the rest when installing a new PC build OS. Including what to set in BIOS, k/b shortcut config interventions and how to detect the drive to format it, employing UEFI usb stick OS install...
In short everything you need to know from build complete to firing up a Star killer primary weapons system.
I don't know everything, but its what I do know that bothers people.
Silent84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 1:11pm
@user_mac01 thank you buddy, i appreciated but i work in this domain for 15 years, and i never saw sensor, to disappear like this in a new mobo, i test msi tomahawk intel and amd version, gigabyte b450, elite, pro etc, my old pc use an old 17 3770 with asrock b75 pro 3 for 8 years, and never had issues, i am sure 90% is the mobo doing this!
MurkyWanders View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MurkyWanders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 2:56pm
Hey all, I'm having issues with my X570 Taichi and a 3900x. During normal use my Vcore is 1.49v, and I feel that is just too high. I tried the Mv offset and it didn't seem to do anything. I've messed around quite a bit the last few days and outside of an all core overclock I think It's beaten me. I would prefer to let it boost on its own for better single core clocks for gaming, but can't get the voltage down without a bit of a cascade off fires to put out. Thanks in advance for any help. I'd kiss whoever can.
3600er View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3600er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2020 at 5:27am
@MurkyWanders in the bios of my b450mpro4 board (bios 3.90) is a setting called Max Voltage Offset (AMD Overclocking, NBIO, SMU) i guess. This setting has the values AUTO, 25, 50, 75 and 100. You can try to apply an negative vcore Offset together with 100 for example. This will block the vcore. 100 is the strongest. The CPU stays cooler, too. But the boost is not going to the max anymore. I`m using an offset of -0.05V and Max Voltage Offset is 25. PBO at auto.
ViCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ViCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 1:39pm
I finally got a refund for x470 Taichi and found out what problem was: seller's warranty department provided me with very interesting information - near 30% of mobo is defective from factory as my one (CMOS, BIOS flash etc.), bios department in ASRock tests bios on consumers, collect information from forums and then try to fix problems, but without inside tests. In June there are near 40 RMA and refunds and all of them are because of problems with bios, so, it can be an indicator of quality of ASRock mobos. I bought Asus crosshair vii and there is no problem. So, my advice - forget about ASRock, it's very bad manufacturer
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 108>
  Share Topic