ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2019 at 11:39pm
I've just left my B450 fatal1ty ITX board w/3600X left on, once on it's as stable as can be, BUT...

A few days ago my UPS battery decided to start going out. It was constantly beeping so I had to shut it down. About a week ago, I received the 3.52 bios for my board but I was waiting for the next time I had to reboot. My replacement battery for the UPS showed up yesterday so I got it replaced, it took about 30min before my PC would boot into the bios (with the old 3.50) but I did finally get it updated. While I'd love to shut my PC down for an extended period to see if the new 3.52 bios stops the bootloop, I don't trust it based on other responses here. I'm going to wait/leave it on again until it has to shut down, this is my main PC and it being down/me having to fight it has been a pain. If the next time it happens, this 3.52 bios has the same issue as past versions with no new bios confirmed to work, I'll have to do like others and stop buying ASRock boards. I've been almost exclusively ASRock for personal, F&F and PC's I sell. Occasionally (too good of sale to pass up) I'd build with something else but I average a half dozen or so builds per year and they're 80% ASRock. I've always had them work, I've never ran into an issue, now that I have, seeing how they drag their feet, don't acknowledge the issue etc. is concerning.
Sweston View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 1:06am
I?™m a new builder got the B450 ITX board and 3600. I?™ve had the same boot problems. I?™m running 3.30. Is it worth it to flash it to 3.50 or should I just return it? In other words has anyone with 3.50 had it fixed?
Bol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 3:10am
It was a B450 board about £80 cheaper than the cheapest X570 board. Kept the same memory in it too.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:49am
Guys this issue does NOT effect everyone, it is NOT restricted to ASRock's
boards (I have seen other manufacturer's boards with the same issue). Bare in
mind, there are relatively few reports of this issue in relation to the number
of boards out there. At first I thought it only happens on ITX boards but that
is not so, other boards have also been having this issue, most from other
manufacturers. Strange that it seems to mostly be ITX boards from ASRock's
lineup not much of anything else. Redit is exploding still with complaints
about this issue. Google "Ryzen 3000 boot issues" and set the time-frame to
this week.

I feel for you guys, I know how frustrating issues like this can be.
I won't tell you to be patient, you have been waiting for a fix for quite some
time. In my own testing and talking to other techs this issue is exceedingly
difficult to reproduce. Regardless, hang in there guys and a huge thank you to
all of you who have shared your experiences and findings.

Edited by Xaltar - 09 Sep 2019 at 4:50am
CorNut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CorNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 8:06am
If it's relatively few, I have the worst luck. I have the issue with a B450 itx/3600X and a X470 ITX/3800X
JaraM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JaraM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 4:59pm
Hey guys. After 10 years Intel now I'm using a Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac with a R5 3600.

However, before go to AMD my Intel system needs 10 sec to boot in the Windows 10 Login Window after pushing the power button. Now, if I push the power button the fans go up to 100% for a few seconds, than nothing. After a few seconds the BIOS startup window (correct name?) comes an shows me the normal information (push F2, push F11 and so on :)). Than it take another 5 sec and Windows login is there. So the problem the time between pushing the power button and BIOS "Window".

Is that a R5 3600 issue?

MB: Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU: R5 3600 + FAN Noctua NH-L9a-AM4
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 modular - 430 W
GPU: GF 1050 TI (RX570 in delivery )
topaimz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topaimz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 12:01am
Do Asrock MoBos/BIOS tend to undervolt RAM?

On my 3900x x570 itx PC, I installed G.skill Neo DDR4-3600 CL16 2x16GB RAM that's not on the QVL.
Since the Neo line is "designed for x570 chipset and Ryzen 3000s" I plugged it in, turned on the XMP profile and stress tested it.
Was not at all stable, and would crash after less than 30 minutes on full load.

However, when I checked, I noticed that the RAM was not receiving the 1.35V as proscribed by the XMP profile.
So I went into BIOS, manually put in 1.36V (+0.01v), rebooted and the system seemed stable.
I additionally increased the voltage to 1.37V (+0.01v) and tightened some timings.
Ran stress tests for a couple hours without any crashes.
The system has been running for the last 24hrs at full load (encoding), and is still going strong.

Same thing occurred with my older Asrock x370 itx board.
RAM not on the QVL was unstable with XMP profile, but would work when voltage is increased manually.

Curious, Anyone else have similar experiences?

RELEVANT COMPONENTS:
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
MBD: Asrock X570 ITX (BIOS 1.60)
RAM: Gskill DDR4-3600 CL16 2x16GB (XMP 1.35v / Manual 1.37v)
cerror View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerror Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by Bol Bol wrote:

Last post from me too regarding my B450 gaming itx/ac.
I too gave up and purchased another motherboard. Unlike the previous poster I purchased a rival B450 gaming itx board that after a simple bios update booted perfectly into Windows on the first try with my 3600 installed.

Mine was outside the return window, having used it successfully with a 2200g installed for 8 months. It's now going on eBay with the caveat not to use it with a 3rd gen ryzen cpu. I will get most of my money back, what I won't get back is the month of frustrating time wasted trying to get this to run.
As echoed in this thread previously, other mobo manufacturers can run ryzen 3000 cpu in their board with a simple update, asrock apparently can not.
So for folks who come here for advice and help about the B450 gaming itx, mine is quite simple:
Buy another board.
I won't name the rival manufacturer because I don't think it's right to do so on an official asrock forum.
But a shout to xaltar for his unflinching support and
suggestions, in my case I was flogging a dead horse.

I did the same, and it also worked immediatly.
I had a lot of patience (2 months), but I want to use my pc normally.

Thanks for all the help given, but I had enough.
ryansg8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryansg8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 8:59pm
Flashing a new bios will not help until asrock releases one that fixes the issue. You either have the option to return it, or wait 1-3 months for a bios update that MIGHT fix it.
ryansg8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryansg8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2019 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Sweston Sweston wrote:

I?�m a new builder got the B450 ITX board and 3600. I?�ve had the same boot problems. I?�m running 3.30. Is it worth it to flash it to 3.50 or should I just return it? In other words has anyone with 3.50 had it fixed?

See above post forgot to quote you
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 108>
  Share Topic