ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 19hba66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 10:32pm
It's now close to 2 months since the latest BIOS was posted to the Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac. This is lousy support of us customers, when ASRock on the box states, that the board is Ryzen 3000 ready.
I'm running this board with a Ryzen 5 3600 and 16GB of G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX (AMD-comp.). This is the 3. set of RAM I'm using. Others wouldn't boot at all or only with 1 stick of RAM.
I have updated the UEFI to version 3.50 and even L3.52 and it still boot-loops when cold-starting and waking from sleep. After boot-loops the UEFI also resets. Usually a couple of reboots with low fan-activity and no boot-screen, then a boot-screen, reboot a new boot-screen and then Win loads. But other times 10-15 reboots with low fan-activity. Restarting has no problems.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 2:21am
latest bios is ABB on your board it should work well your problem is ram related not cpu related

give it a few bumps on dram voltage if youre lazy to set the ram manually
wenerikk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wenerikk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 2:36am
QUOTE=gizmic] latest bios is ABB on your board it should work well your problem is ram related not cpu related

give it a few bumps on dram voltage if youre lazy to set the ram manually[/QUOTE]

Oh, plz, don't sell this bulls**t. I have Kingston HyperX, same boot problems.

Many people already confirmed that change of mobo to Gygabite for example fix all problems. This is clearly Assrock's bug, never recommend them to anyone.
Instead of building less but quality products they sacrifice with normal support.
2.5 months past, no any reply from TS...
19hba66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19hba66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 2:41am
Could you please elaborate a little? I'm not that used to fiddle with RAM voltages.
soulstealer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 4:22am
Originally posted by 19hba66 19hba66 wrote:

Could you please elaborate a little? I'm not that used to fiddle with RAM voltages.

youtuber "der 8auer" recently said that even high dram voltages of 2.5v would not do any harm. yet 1.5v are considered already absolute limit. default voltage for ddr4 ram lies between 1.2-1.35v.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 4:32am

It's now close to 2 months since the latest BIOS was posted to the Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac. This is lousy support of us customers, when ASRock on the box states, that the board is Ryzen 3000 ready.
I'm running this board with a Ryzen 5 3600 and 16GB of G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX (AMD-comp.). This is the 3. set of RAM I'm using. Others wouldn't boot at all or only with 1 stick of RAM.
I have updated the UEFI to version 3.50 and even L3.52 and it still boot-loops when cold-starting and waking from sleep. After boot-loops the UEFI also resets. Usually a couple of reboots with low fan-activity and no boot-screen, then a boot-screen, reboot a new boot-screen and then Win loads. But other times 10-15 reboots with low fan-activity. Restarting has no problems.

i had that board with ryzen 5 3600 and crucial balistix sport lt, too and it would always crash and freeze - "ryzen 3000 ready".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 4:33am
Originally posted by FK!ASRock FK!ASRock wrote:

This is fuking nuts. Other motherboard producers update bios for all motherboards but not ASRock. FK you ASRock!

i said before that probably asrock boards are affected the most, but it was considered brand bashing. looking at the comments and situation now i think it was still pretty accurate.
EricM80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricM80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:02am

Instead of RAM, try playing with power supplies if you have spares and can't return that motherboard. That made a lot more difference in my case than RAM. Note that I am not saying this should be an acceptable solution, but if you're stuck with the product, that may be your best bet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soulstealer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:08am
Originally posted by EricM80 EricM80 wrote:

Instead of RAM, try playing with power supplies if you have spares and can't return that motherboard. That made a lot more difference in my case than RAM. Note that I am not saying this should be an acceptable solution, but if you're stuck with the product, that may be your best bet.

thats the thing because people start buying loads of all kinds of hardware now around zen 2 to get it working in vain...
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 5:36am

Wakeup issues and RAM parameter resets seen mainboard vendor independent:
- Fast restart option on windows shutdown (this MS sabotage feature must be disabled)
- If ErP/EuP is activated in the bios, a ErP/EuP ready PSU is required
- Even if the PSU is ok, the ErP- and the RGB LED firmware implementations are often buggy and can influence the startup behaviour
-> Disable ErP or better disable suspend to ram and switch off the LED crap, at least this time until SW/Bios has been fixed
And for the DRAM >= 3200MHz by just selecting XMP profile, increasing DRAM voltage to 1.36.. max. 1.4V is often required
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4445464748 108>
  Share Topic