ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ryzen 3000 series support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 108>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverDSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 1:52pm
I had same problems with my ab350 but was able to resolve with some memory tuning. See my last post for resolution.
19hba66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19hba66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by SilverDSS SilverDSS wrote:

Originally posted by adriancc adriancc wrote:

hello...first post here..and i ahve been reading for 30 min...seems that i made a mistake in buying an asrock mb
I have a b450 pro4 with a 3600x and my ram is corsair 3200mhz cl16 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
When i apply the XMP profile...i am getting blue screens this is with the 3.60 bios
what is the solution?
thanks

The problem might be you are new to this and it isn't necessarily an Asrock issue. I have mine running well after I properly got it set up. First of all, try these steps:

1. Update MB to newest firmware
2. Up the ram voltage in small steps. (I run mine at 1.38)
3. Forget the XMP (Intel) profile. Use the AMD Dram calculator for optimal settings.

The biggest thing for me was #2 for eliminating the BSOD. You do these steps and you should be fine (Presuming your memory is OK & compatible to work with your hardware)

That's probably right, if the memory is compatible, but how on earth am I supposed to know if the RAM is compatible, when ASRock still haven't made a QVL for Matisse available.
I don't know your financial situation or if you have a store who will lend you RAM willy nilly, but I'm not in that situation, where I can just try different RAM until I find the right. I have to pay for every new set and take a loss every time. I did a thorough search before buying, and did buy RAM that should be good for AMD, but to no avail. The RAM has been tested OK with memtest86.
SilverDSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverDSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 12:08am
Originally posted by 19hba66 19hba66 wrote:

hello...first post here..and i ahve been reading for 30 min...seems that i made a mistake in buying an asrock mb
I have a b450 pro4 with a 3600x and my ram is corsair 3200mhz cl16 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
When i apply the XMP profile...i am getting blue screens this is with the 3.60 bios
what is the solution?
thanks

The problem might be you are new to this and it isn't necessarily an Asrock issue. I have mine running well after I properly got it set up. First of all, try these steps:

3. Forget the XMP (Intel) profile. Use the AMD Dram calculator for optimal settings.

The biggest thing for me was #2 for eliminating the BSOD. You do these steps and you should be fine (Presuming your memory is OK & compatible to work with your hardware)

That's probably right, if the memory is compatible, but how on earth am I supposed to know if the RAM is compatible, when ASRock still haven't made a QVL for Matisse available.
I don't know your financial situation or if you have a store who will lend you RAM willy nilly, but I'm not in that situation, where I can just try different RAM until I find the right. I have to pay for every new set and take a loss every time. I did a thorough search before buying, and did buy RAM that should be good for AMD, but to no avail. The RAM has been tested OK with memtest86.

Try my suggestions and post back your results. Maybe start with boosting your ram voltages.
SilverDSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverDSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 12:14am
Originally posted by 19hba66 19hba66 wrote:

what is the solution?
thanks

This thread might help you with your memory settings:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=189484
SilverDSS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilverDSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 12:32am
Everyone:

Ryzen AMD processors are very picky to RAM settings & timings. If you are a little bit out of spec you will get the BSOD screens and other issues. This Reddit thread explains Ryzen & Memory compatibility:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/66ggjd/psa_about_ryzen_and_memory_compatibility/

Hope it helps someone.

Also, from what I have read/seen, Samsung dies are a lot easier to get to work with Ryzen. Hynix dies take more tuning
John29 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 3:30am
I had the same memory CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 Hynix MFR running at 3333 useing Ryzen
Calculator,and tuning the timmings

ASROCK X470 Taichi bios L3.77 Ryzen 3700X
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X All core at 4200
Noctua NH-U12A
Nvidia 1060 6gb
Samsung 970 Pro M.2
Samsung 860 EVO M.2
TeamGroup Dark Pro "8Pack Edition" 4x8 32GB PC4-25600C14 3200c14 running at 3600C16 at 1.380
Seasonic 750 Platinuim
sebastianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

50mv = 0.05v so no, it isn't dangerous, it's a very small bump. When I was
pushing my i5 7600k to 5ghz I was using a 200mv offset so from 1.2v to 1.4v

FYI

I solved my issue with my Ryzen 3700X which was unstable at stock voltage since I got it in July

I sent back my CPU (RMA) to PCComponentes last Monday.
On Tuesday they quickly tested it and sent me a new Ryzen 3700X.

The unit I sent was from June 2019 (first batches).
The new unit I got is from October 2019.

New unit seems to be stable running Prime 95 (Maximum Power test) and Agesa 1.0.0.4 Patch B on my B450 ITX.

MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 2:16am
Originally posted by sebastianer sebastianer wrote:

FYI

I solved my issue with my Ryzen 3700X which was unstable at stock voltage since I got it in July

I sent back my CPU (RMA) to PCComponentes last Monday.
On Tuesday they quickly tested it and sent me a new Ryzen 3700X.

The unit I sent was from June 2019 (first batches).
The new unit I got is from October 2019.

New unit seems to be stable running Prime 95 (Maximum Power test) and Agesa 1.0.0.4 Patch B on my B450 ITX.

Glad to hear you got it worked out, sorry it ended up taking so long. Enjoy the system
sebastianer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sebastianer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 3:01pm
Yes. To be honest I was waiting for AMD to release a BIOS that maybe had voltage/frequency curve with higher voltage.

But in AGESA 1.0.0.4 I think they did the opposite. Because CPU ended less stable than in previous BIOS.

So I guess only a minority of CPUs from the first batches could have unstable cores.
MB: ASRock B450 ITX (P3.70)
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
RAM: Ballistix BLS2K8G4D32AESTK
SSD: Crucial P1 500 NVME
GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX1080
PSU: Enermax ERX530AWT --> Corsair RM650x (CP-9020178)
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 2:21pm
@sebastianer dafault auto is already a very very high voltage curve because in general not cpus are the same

it would be a lemon to even require more volts than default auto
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8283848586 108>
  Share Topic