ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro4 Build issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anno72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro4 Build issues
    Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 2:45am
Hello,

I recently purchased an Asrock B450M Pro4 and am having an issue with the build.
When I push the start button, the CPU fan starts up for about 20 - 30 seconds then stops, and after 2 seconds it restarts and continues this loop.
I have tried
- x2 550W power supplies which have been connected to the motherboard. (x1 is brand new and the other from an older working computer),
- x2 new Ryzen CPU's (Ryzen 3600 & Ryzen 2200G), CPU fan connected
- Speaker connected to speaker header
- Power switch connected to system panel header
- Motherboard is on anti static bag

No beeps are emitted from speakers

Is there anything else I can look at before I return the motherboard to supplier to check or replace?

kschendel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kschendel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 6:16am
What memory? sounds like a memory training loop to me. Try individual sticks in all the slots to see if there's a stick/slot combo that works.

You might also try complete BIOS reset, that's what it took to make my Pro4 M behave itself.
Anno72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anno72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 6:21am
Hello kschendel,

I initially had x2 sticks of Kingston HyperX Predator (16 Gb) on the board, but when it didn't start I removed them both and started the board with only the items I listed.

Should I hear any beeps?

Anno72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anno72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 3:27am
Success

I removed the battery and re-installed it.
Add x1 stick of ram, and away it started.

System up and running now.
kschendel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kschendel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 3:28am
You'll need at least one stick of memory in the machine to get to the BIOS.

I don't recall hearing beeps at startup. I'm not close to the machine at the moment, unfortunately.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic