ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 Pro4 and BIOS 3.50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Codyak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codyak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 Pro4 and BIOS 3.50
    Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 9:32pm
Hello All,
I recently acquired a B450 Pro4 and plan to use an R5 3600 with it. However, I knew I would need to use a Zen/Zen+ (in this case R3 1200) in order to update the BIOS. When I first booted the system, everything seemed to work and register correctly at BIOS 3.10. However, after updating the BIOS to 3.50, I got a single long beep followed by three short.

Long story short, it turned out I needed to switch the graphics card (AMD 6350) from the top x16 PCIe slot to the bottom x4. This card does not require external power besides what the board provides for reference, and in all honesty it doesn't matter to me as this will be a test server and won't be connected to a display. I say this because after reading around forums and sites, many said this beep code could be that the graphics card was not being properly powered, which obviously can't be true. If you all think I would help I could grab the power supply and RTX 2070 I have from my gaming PC to test.

So has anyone else had or even read about an issue like this and is there a way to remedy it? ASRock mentions being unable to revert the BIOS to an older one so that options seems out. Feels odd to me having a x4 Intel Quad NIC in the x16 slot and the graphics card in the x4 (x16 size) but again I'll deal with it if I have to.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic