ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 Pro4 no signal to monitor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helpmeplease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 Pro4 no signal to monitor
    Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 3:01am
Hello all,

Please help I have run out of ideas.

My build is
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
B450 Pro4
Asus Dual Radeon RX580
Team T-Force Delta II DDR4 16GB(2 x 8GB)
600 BQ 600watt bronze PSU
420GB SSD (SATA)
3TB HDD (SATA)

I have had multiple problems after completing the build.

1. When I turn on my pc all the fan spin and RGBs light up and stop after around 10 seconds, and then turn on again. This cycle repeats itself.

2. When I turn on my pc there is no video signal at all. I tried with DVI and HDMI on my videocard and motherboard and VGA on the motherboard. I have tried with 2 different monitors and the results were the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
helpmeplease
tullnd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 4:27am
So, the motherboard video ports aren't going to work, as the CPU you have(2600) does not have an iGPU.

So you must be connected to the video outputs on the video card itself. Do you have the internal PCI power cable connected to the GPU?

The rebooting cycle may be a POST error condition, due to not detecting a valid video output.

Also, try just using one of your ram modules. Alternate them, in case one is bad.
helpmeplease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helpmeplease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 8:50am
I have tried with the video card and unfortunately the result is still the same.
i definitely have PCI connected to the video card and the fans on the card itself spin when I power on the computer.
I've also tried removing both memory modules and changing the slots that they are in but I still get the same behavior out of the computer.
helpmeplease View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helpmeplease Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 11:06pm
So its working now. I changed the RAM module positions from A2 and B2 to A1 and B1 and everything started to work perfectly.

Thanks for your help.
Vulpie05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulpie05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 1:33am
That doesn't quite make sense. The A2/B2 slots are the preferred DIMM slots for that board and CPU. Although the A1/B1 slots will work, the RAM will not be as fast (depending on the speed of the ram you have).

I think I am concerned that the A2/B2 dimm slots on your board may be defective. I'm not sure how to prove that, though. Could you provide more information on the ram (model #?), and what all combinations you tried installing the ram into the motherboard?
JustToHelp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustToHelp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2019 at 5:56pm
Had the exact same problem (power on off cycle about 30s) and the solution was quite simple. Left side of the memory module was not totally in the slot! Needed to hear that "clicking" sound when entering memory on both sides of the slot.

Quite nerve cracking for first time computer assembler to see the motherboard bend like crazy and the amount of force required. I totally thought I bricked it. Hopefully they do these MBs more bend resistant or make easier to enter memory modules...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic