ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Taichi is probably the worst mobo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zarovzky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Taichi is probably the worst mobo
    Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 9:40pm
So I grab this board (I've always had taichi motherboards and no problem until now), an 3600 and 4 modules of this RAM: https://www.corsair.com/eu/en/Categories/Products/Memory/vengeance-lpx-black/p/CMK32GX4M2D3200C16#tab-tech-specs

It came with version: 1.10
And I updated it to latest by now: 1.60

Turned on XMP, no CPU OC, XMP is the only setting I enabled in bios.

Installed windows and everywthing was fine, memory was running on 3200 on the corect timings. Util the next day (today), when I woke up with screen in Bios with 0MB RAM but all the 4 modules detected.

Next reboot Windows would constantly Blue Screen with DIFFERENT error codes.
I have tried 1 stick, and even another RAM (4GB) in any of the 4 slots with the XMP corresponding to that RAM and I constantly get memory error codes and I can't even get to bios setup now. Cleared CMOS, took out bios battery, nothing, still getting Memory error codes and I cannot get to bios menu. I have 4 x 16 and 2 x 4 sticks, none work in any position. I have tried all modules in all slots individually but every slot gives different error codes.

I've already mailed the retailer to return this crap unless you give me a solution.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 10:09pm
Ouch, I would return the CPU too if I were you. The IMC (memory controller) is on the CPU so if there are memory issues there is a chance it could be the cause.

If I were you I would wait a few weeks to a month before switching to Ryzen 3000. Once AMD gets their AGESA sorted out and motherboard partners get it properly integrated into their BIOSes things should be better.
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 10:09pm
Uhm, hate to break it to you but this is a consumer forum. You won't get much help from ASRock here, if any.

Second, did you check the memory QVL before buying one of the worst possible RAM for Ryzen?

Third, it may be a fault with the CPU? Or the whole batch of RAM? Or, just maybe it's because of the mess with the AGESA? Yeah, no, I mean...
Zarovzky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zarovzky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2019 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Ouch, I would return the CPU too if I were you. The IMC (memory controller) is on the CPU so if there are memory issues there is a chance it could be the cause.

If I were you I would wait a few weeks to a month before switching to Ryzen 3000. Once AMD gets their AGESA sorted out and motherboard partners get it properly integrated into their BIOSes things should be better.

It's a great board but ATM I cannot get into bios... Every CMOS clear it's a new error code, the newer error codes I received are 95 and 97 (which seem to be related to USB ports).

Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

Uhm, hate to break it to you but this is a consumer forum. You won't get much help from ASRock here, if any.

Second, did you check the memory QVL before buying one of the worst possible RAM for Ryzen?

Third, it may be a fault with the CPU? Or the whole batch of RAM? Or, just maybe it's because of the mess with the AGESA? Yeah, no, I mean...

1. If I contact support, by the time they reach me the return policy would have already expired from the place I bought the board...

2. What makes you think its the worst possible ram lol. There is absolutely no reason for RAM to work only 1 day and then crash afterwards, its not the a RAM problem.

3. RAM works properly with another motherboard (x370 taichi doh). It works even with the XMP enabled. But I don't want to try the CPU on the x370 because I would have to update Bios and I don't wanna compromise an already working system.

brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 12:09am
Originally posted by Zarovzky Zarovzky wrote:

3. RAM works properly with another motherboard (x370 taichi doh). It works even with the XMP enabled. But I don't want to try the CPU on the x370 because I would have to update Bios and I don't wanna compromise an already working system.

not that difficult to change bios back. just save your bios settings in a profile, easy to swap back after the new bios change.. I've updated my x370 pro gaming which is almost the same board, and its working pretty good and I'm using xmp profile one..
Asrock x570 Taichi, Ryzen3800x, 32gb Gskill Royal 36000mhz@ 3733mhz, Samsung 250gb 970evo plus for OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 1tb nvme storage drive.
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 12:10am
too add.. It would prove to you that the cpu was good or bad, and if the cpu was good in the x370 board, you would know its the x570 board that was bad..
Asrock x570 Taichi, Ryzen3800x, 32gb Gskill Royal 36000mhz@ 3733mhz, Samsung 250gb 970evo plus for OS drive, Sabrent Rocket 1tb nvme storage drive.
Zarovzky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zarovzky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 12:15am
Originally posted by brucer brucer wrote:

too add.. It would prove to you that the cpu was good or bad, and if the cpu was good in the x370 board, you would know its the x570 board that was bad..

I cannot get to the Bios menu in any way. There is no way I can save the profile and/or reset or load a new one if I can't get to that menu...
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 12:43am
hmm .. your title says it's the worst mobo .. and then you say it's a great mobo .. ?

Anyhoo .. either pop your 3000 chip in another mobo/setup if you have one, or pop a 2000 series in your X570 if you have one .. or return the cpu

Edited by ThreeDee - 31 Jan 2022 at 7:37am
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
Zarovzky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zarovzky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 12:54am
Originally posted by ThreeDee ThreeDee wrote:

hmm .. your title says it's the worst mobo .. and then you say it's a great mobo .. ?

Anyhoo .. either pop you 3000 chip in another mobo/setup if you have one, or pop a 2000 series in your X570 if you have one .. or return the cpu

Has been a great mobo for 1 day lmao. Returning the CPU... getting a new CPU, will try the new CPU and if the new CPU behaves the same, ill Return the Motherboard.
brucer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brucer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 1:06am
Did you power off the psu and reset cmos?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic