ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS Updates, Urgent note, Please read.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mastercry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2020 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by Debido666 Debido666 wrote:

Is there anyone with 4.10 BIOS on AsRock B450 Gaming K4 with properly working monitor data? Is it possible to be coz skipping BIOS, for example if you were 3.50 and updated right to 4.10 skipping one version. Or doesn't matter and is just 4.10 bugged?

Also any info on inc AGESA 1.0.0.5 for Gaming K4, Pro4 etc.?

AsRock B450 Gaming K4 here, I have issue with my all cores boost in cinebench etc., my 1600AF boost only to 3440MHz like old 1600AE CPUs. Single core boost are OK 3700, sometimes I see even 3800+ after gaming in HWMonitor.
Yday I revert to 3.50 to check but no difference, its same. Now Im back to 3.90 again.
CPU Temps are fine, max 54c in blender, 51c in Cinebench.

Anyone has experienced something similar? Is it CPU bad piece or can be motherboard/bios. If you check userbenchmark data you can see that majority are boosting 3600+ all cores with 1600AF. So im at -200MHz at least. For now im blaming AsRock.
Im curious why cpu multiplier is reaching only x34.5 when rendering... it should reach x37. What can be the reason, any ideas?
maxcroach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxcroach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2020 at 2:03am
Hello Everyone,

Couple days ago I bought ASRock B450 Pro4 and oryginaly IT Shop made a bios update on 4.10 of course I told then to update only up to 3.50 (last stable one), but they made a mistake. So sometimes I have boot loop, and all setting goes to default in bios and it's very annoying (all fans, ssd, OC settings are forgotten and goes default... :/). So can anyone know why??? - one thing that without OC it's better... less boot loops (Ryzen 2600 @ 4,025 GHz @ 1,325 V) - OCCT couple of hours no errors... Maybe go to downgrade to 3.50? But is it possible. Thanks for help! ;)

Regards, Max
M.A.X.
zzz999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzz999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 7:24am
Hello everyone, a couple of days ago I orderd an Asrock A320M but the supplier sent me an A320M-HDV R4.0 with the 3.7 BIOS, for that one, the page says "ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven, Summit or Bristol Ridge CPU is being used on your system."

I want to use that motherboard with a Ryzen 7 1700, could I make it work with the 3.7 BIOS? or maybe, could I downgrade?

I want to return it, I already notified the store who sold me the motherboard, but their customer service kinda sucks :/ and it will take from 1 to two weeks to get a proper response from them.

Thank you.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 5:11pm
You will be fine with 3.7, no need to downgrade. 3.7 simply has no benefit for
older generation Ryzen CPUs so if you are using an older version there is no need
to update. It doesn't break anything however so using it is fine. The warning is
simply to discourage people from updating unnecessarily.
watzupken81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watzupken81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 2:10pm
I am having great difficulties getting my computer with the X470 Tachi to POST after installing BIOS version 3.90 due to upgrade from a 2700 to 3900X. Pressing the power button will start the fans at full speed for at least a 2 to 3 seconds if it works, or the fan will continue at full speed perpetually. Cleared CMOS twice, once via the button behind, and once taking out the CMOS battery. Both did not help. Saw some advise in another forum saying to increase RAM voltage, but did not resolve the issue as well. I did not overclock the CPU, and the RAM was running fine with the 2700. In fact once I boot into Windows, the system is very stable even under stress test on CPU, memory and graphic card. So I rule a faulty or unstable hardware as the issue. So that leaves me with the doubt if the BIOS is causing this instability. I've only changed the CPU and left all my previous hardware as is.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watzupken81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by watzupken81 watzupken81 wrote:

I am having great difficulties getting my computer with the X470 Tachi to POST after installing BIOS version 3.90 due to upgrade from a 2700 to 3900X. Pressing the power button will start the fans at full speed for at least a 2 to 3 seconds if it works, or the fan will continue at full speed perpetually. Cleared CMOS twice, once via the button behind, and once taking out the CMOS battery. Both did not help. Saw some advise in another forum saying to increase RAM voltage, but did not resolve the issue as well. I did not overclock the CPU, and the RAM was running fine with the 2700. In fact once I boot into Windows, the system is very stable even under stress test on CPU, memory and graphic card. So I rule a faulty or unstable hardware as the issue. So that leaves me with the doubt if the BIOS is causing this instability. I've only changed the CPU and left all my previous hardware as is.

As an update, I've downgraded the BIOS from P3.90 to P3.60 and the failure to POST issue seems to have gone away. Now I do observe another potential issue where the most of the cores on the 3900X seems to be parked/ in sleep mode as shown on Ryzen Master. To illustrate the problem, I tried running Cinebench R20 after flashing the BIOS to see if there are any problem with loading the cores. What I observed is that despite running the multicore test, only cores in CCX0 are running (only 1 running at full speed, while rest in CCX0 are running at a very slow clockspeed), while the remaining cores are parked/ inactive. As a result, the benchmark took a long time to complete. I've not been able to pin point what is the cause, but Cinebench was able to harness the processing power of all 12 cores with P3.90 BIOS, and very quickly complete the test. If the readings on Ryzen Master is accurate, it seems like another teething issue.
Jec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 3:22pm
Hello everyone, I've sold my i5 and now am upgrading to Ryzen 3300x.
I've bought AB350M-HDV-R4.0 motherboard and have learned that I'll probs have to flash bios to the version that is needed for the Ryzen 3300x.

Motherboard will come with the bios version that it was packed with.

What I want to know before I proceed with flashing it. On 3.70 its written to read the previous version description which is 3.30, then its written the same. Which goes to 2.10, where its said " Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL" or a later version before updating to this BIOS."

Now my questions are:

1. Can I check the version of BIOS by just connecting the motherboard to powersuplly and a monitor? Without CPU, drives or RAM.
2. Can I flash 3.70 version without installing the previous one if there is a gap between versions? Do I need the AMD all in 1 with VGA driver if I just go straight for 3.70?
3. Will this be possible without Ryzen 1 or 2 gen CPU in first place?
4. What do you recommend on how to proceed once I receive CPU and motherboard?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watzupken81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Jec Jec wrote:

Hello everyone, I've sold my i5 and now am upgrading to Ryzen 3300x.
I've bought AB350M-HDV-R4.0 motherboard and have learned that I'll probs have to flash bios to the version that is needed for the Ryzen 3300x.

Motherboard will come with the bios version that it was packed with.

What I want to know before I proceed with flashing it. On 3.70 its written to read the previous version description which is 3.30, then its written the same. Which goes to 2.10, where its said " Please install "AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL" or a later version before updating to this BIOS."

Now my questions are:

1. Can I check the version of BIOS by just connecting the motherboard to powersuplly and a monitor? Without CPU, drives or RAM.
2. Can I flash 3.70 version without installing the previous one if there is a gap between versions? Do I need the AMD all in 1 with VGA driver if I just go straight for 3.70?
3. Will this be possible without Ryzen 1 or 2 gen CPU in first place?
4. What do you recommend on how to proceed once I receive CPU and motherboard?

Unfortunately, you can't perform a BIOS flash without a CPU that this board can current support. If you can still return it, I suggest you do that and get a B450 board that is flashed with the latest BIOS to support the Ryzen 3000 series. Just reconfirm with the seller/ distributor of the board if possible before buying.
Zett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 1:08pm
I do not recommend the new BIOS 2.80 for the X570 Steel Legend motherboard. Saving settings to disk does not work, Crucial 3600 RAM working with the previous BIOS at 3733 MHz does not work even on XMP settings - the system does not start. Many settings have disappeared from the Advanced \ AMD CBS \ menu. I went back to version 2.60.

Z.
CopyThat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CopyThat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by Zett Zett wrote:

I do not recommend the new BIOS 2.80 for the X570 Steel Legend motherboard. Saving settings to disk does not work, Crucial 3600 RAM working with the previous BIOS at 3733 MHz does not work even on XMP settings - the system does not start. Many settings have disappeared from the Advanced \ AMD CBS \ menu. I went back to version 2.60.

Z.

I had the same problems when I upgraded my X570 Extreme4 to 2.80. I have also reverted to 2.60
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 17>
  Share Topic