ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BIOS 3.50 AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB with Ryzen 2400G APU
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

BIOS 3.50 AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB with Ryzen 2400G APU

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aaasrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BIOS 3.50 AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB with Ryzen 2400G APU
    Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 12:44am
Hello,
I have Ryzen 2400 G (Raven Ridge) upon motherboard Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac.
Now i use 1.70 BIOS, can I change to 3.50 with AGESA 1.0.0.3 ABB.

I'm asking because official information is:

"ASRock does NOT recommend updating this BIOS if (...) Raven Ridge CPU is being used on your system."
Daveydguk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveydguk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 1:22am
Do not move from bios 1.70

I had 2400g and updated to bios 3.x

Upgrade bios only if you upgrade to ryzen 3000 series.

Bios 1.70 was rock solid on 2400g on b450 itx.
Reset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 6:35pm
I have a x370 Pro 4+ 2200G with BIOS version 6.30 ( AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 Patch B ) and it runs great.

In another post the days also a moderator said that there were problems only in the beginning and these limitations will be removed in the future.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Reset Reset wrote:

I have a x370 Pro 4+ 2200G with BIOS version 6.30 ( AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 Patch B ) and it runs great.

In another post the days also a moderator said that there were problems only in the beginning and these limitations will be removed in the future.

Correct, this always happens with new Ryzen launches, people on older generations
update to the new BIOS versions expecting improvements but end up with bugs and
issues because the early releases focus more on adding support for the new generation
often breaking compatibility with older generations in the process. Now however
things have settled and updates focus on the entire Ryzen stack not just the latest
series.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 7:04pm
As a general rule on my own systems and systems I work on for clients I only update
after a new product launch after the version number goes up, by then things are
usually sorted.

IE. If Ryzen 3000 support was added in version 3.xx for your board then I would wait
till version 4.xx goes up. The first major version typically focuses on support
issues and bugs with the new generation. After that more broad support becomes a focus.

This is not official in any way, just what I have observed over the years dealing
with ASRock products.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic