ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX BIOS keeps resetting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sensenmann69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX BIOS keeps resetting
    Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 5:39pm
Hey guys,

I recently purchased a X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX Board with a Ryzen 3600 as Prozessor and an RX579 graphics card.

My issue since the beginning is that the bios is resetting to defaults after reboot or shutdown. Only thing I changed in BIOS was disabling the WIFI. But doesn't matter what I change, after the next reboot the board takes forever (I guess it is some sort of a BIOS boot loop) and then this bios is reset.

I have no idea what's the issue here. I already replaced the RAM but that didn't have any effects... BIOS update from 1.00 to 1.20 also didn't help.

Anyone else with those problems?

CharCharlie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CharCharlie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2019 at 10:32pm
Im also experiencing that, hopefully a new BIOS update would fix that :(
alex_rainell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex_rainell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:29pm
Recently bought this mobo and have the same problem with the bios.
Updated the BIOS to 1.90 and the problem has not fixed
Sensenmann69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sensenmann69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 10:35pm
I turned of CSM (Compatibility Support Module) which is at the boot options. That helped me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex_rainell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:26pm
Thank you. I'll try tonight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex_rainell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 6:00pm
Unfortunately, it's not helped me.
I think it's because of my RAM and XMP profile.
Also today I received a response from ASRock about my issue. They recommended don't adjust the settings under OC Tweaker, only apply the settings under other tabs like deep sleep or RGB LED to check if the system can save the BIOS setting.
dilidawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilidawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 3:25am
I have this problem too. Has anyone replace the motherboard or cmos battery? I just search for solution and some suggest that.
Forvak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forvak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2019 at 5:39pm
I think this just happened to me as well. BIOS 1.90

Particularly painful as I'm using x8x8 PCIe bifurcation so the GPU has issues if that gets reset to x16.
Forvak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forvak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2019 at 7:58pm
This occurred again. My system was working fine last night and then failed to boot this morning. I removed my second PCIe card from the bifurcation riser and was able to boot again, found the BIOS setting was back on x16. Everythings working again with the correct BIOS settings, but it's a pain to have to take apart the PC when this happens.

I noticed a header that looks a lot like a serial console next to the BIOS chip. Is it possible to change BIOS settings using that interface?
jaxnb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaxnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 6:41am
I'm also having this issue. CMOS battery is still reading at 3V so I'm not sure whats up. If I reboot, the bios settings hold. If I shut down, even without disconnecting the power from the system (RGB lights stay on), the BIOS settings are cleared. Tested chaning fan curves and bios beeps, one setting at a time, its always reset.
Hope we can find a fix.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 13>
  Share Topic