ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX BIOS keeps resetting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 10:37am
does it beep when powering on or it just powers on with defaults loaded
hbuller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hbuller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 12:42am
I have the same problem, BIOS is reset after shutdown.

BIOS version: 2.00.

My MB does not beep on startup.
The boot screen is shown twice during startup.

matthew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 1:33am
I echo hbuller's report.

BIOS versions 1.8 through 2.0 all behave the same.

The boot screen is shown twice. It takes a very long time to boot. All boot settings are reset on full shutdown.
lajchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 3:34am
Same problem as the 2 posts above mine.
Tried all bios revisions available on the support site, no help.

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 12:19am
This issue is experienced on all manufacturer's boards from what I can tell.
I have seen similar posts on just about all of their forums and other tech forums.
By the symptoms I would guess the issue has to do with RAM not training properly
on cold boot causing the BIOS to reset to defaults/safe settings. Given it isn't
specific to any one board model/brand or BIOS version I don't think it's a board issue.

Likely culprits are:
The CPU - Bad/buggy IMC (memory controller).
The RAM - Not properly supported.
AGESA - An as yet unaddressed issue.

I will keep my eyes and ears open for any solutions. Please keep us (the forums)
updated with your findings guys.

Edited by Xaltar - 08 Jan 2020 at 12:22am
lajchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 2:46pm
I have tried changing the memory, from the GSkill Trident Z NEO 3600 C16 32gb set to 2x4gb of Crucial generic 2133 set, and the issue was still there.
Currently I have the 3200g CPU installed, but have the 3950x on order, so will install it when it arrives, and see if that helps.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:38pm
Good luck, let us know if it makes a difference
lajchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lajchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2020 at 11:08pm
I replaced the 3200g with the 3950x, and issue is still there.
It is quite safe to say that this is a board issue, as I tried with 2 different CPU's and 2 different sets of memory (even single modules, and same behavior continues...
Kiu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2020 at 6:18pm
Same problem on the ASRock X570 Creator AM4
- Bios 2.0
- Supported HyperX-Memory
- 3800x
Battery replaced, tested other firmware, didn't help. Seems like "even ASrock should build something good for 500EUR" was not true...
Any ideas? Otherwise the board is going back and will be replaced by something worth the money...
Djorkaeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Djorkaeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 5:59pm
This happens on my pc too:
- X570 Taichi P2.70
- Ryzen 3900X
- Crucial Ballistix CL16
I have to carefully watch if my mobo boots correctly to avoid starting without raid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic