ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX BIOS keeps resetting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_Cyber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2020 at 7:19pm
How many days did you test this solution?

Here the reset occurred during the boot every 2 to 4 days.

I managed to solve my problems by changing VDDP, VDDG, Data_BUS, Cad_BUS and Soc Voltage.

I didn't test it just by changing the SoC Voltage.
Drafter0815 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drafter0815 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 3:37am
Hi,
i tested battery voltage on board with a multimeter. 2.9 V.
I think this is okay.
I tried to start without battery. For this i have disconnected the plug of the battery. Saving with warm restart is possible.
After cold start the setting are resetted. It shows the same behaviour like with connected battery.

I also tried to increase SOC Voltage as you described. But this did not work.

Any other hints ?
THX till now for support.

Best Regards
Markus

Master_Cyber View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Master_Cyber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2020 at 7:04pm
You tried to change VDDP, VDDG, Data_BUS, Cad_BUS?

CLDO VDDP VOLTAGE CONTROL = 1.050
CLDO VDDG VOLTAGE CONTROL = 0.950

DATA BUS CONFIGURATION
RTTNOM = RZQ/6
RTTWR = RZQ/3
RTTPARK = RZQ/1

CAD BUS CONFIGURATION (CAD BUS DRIVE STRENGTH USER CONTROLS)
CLKDRVSTREN = 24.0 OHM
ADDRCMWDRVSTREN = 20.0 OHM
CSODTDRVSTREN = 20.0 OHM
CKEDRVSTREN = 24.0 OHM
Drafter0815 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drafter0815 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2020 at 2:56am
Hi,
I have not tried your hints.
Asrock support told me that if with standard mode settings it is not working the board is damaged.
I will try but I suppose it will nor work in my case.

Best regards
Markus
1001monkeys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1001monkeys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2020 at 10:18am
I have the same board with a 3700X and Thermaltake 3600. XMP settings kept causing my bios to reset. Tried manually putting in timings, increasing voltage and increasing SOC. Nothing worked. Changing DDR speed to 3466 seems to have solved the issue.
lajchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 1:04pm
For me none of the solutions work. Bios resets even on default settings. After all of this reports here, and directly to Asrock, I am wondering how come a new BIOS has not been released yet, or a official statement made that there is actually an issue.

I am just very frustrated at this point and believe I am never going to buy Asrock again.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 1:47pm
x470 taichi's have a fix (3.92) for that i'm on the 8th day without problems so far

gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by lajchi lajchi wrote:

For me none of the solutions work. Bios resets even on default settings. After all of this reports here, and directly to Asrock, I am wondering how come a new BIOS has not been released yet, or a official statement made that there is actually an issue.

I am just very frustrated at this point and believe I am never going to buy Asrock again.

again other brands have the same problem the bug is introduced from agesa 1004B
lajchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

Originally posted by lajchi lajchi wrote:

again other brands have the same problem the bug is introduced from agesa 1004B

But this one has problems from the Bios revision 1.0 to 1.7 (tried all of them), which are AGESA 1.0.0.3, and technically should not be affected?

Like I said, I tried 2 different sets of memory, 1 by 1 module, even 2 different CPU-u, and issue was the same, bios reset after reboot or shutdown, regardless of the Bios settings.

And you are mentioning other brands, yes they have issues, but they also released a BIOS which fixed these. The Asrock X570 ITX did not have an update since December 12 last year, and the issue was known already then.

I just wish there would be an official heads up, like: "Sorry valued / not so much valued customer, we are working on this issue..", but I did not even get a reply when I wrote to the tech support 2 months ago.

Imagine buying something else, does not matter which industry, and not being able to use it properly for 3 months, and not having any heads up that the issue might be fixes, of for a matter of fact, even acknowledging that the issue even exists.

My 2 cents.

gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 4:12pm
if its doing it on 1003 means the memory training is failing is it rebooting itself for 3 times? its normal for it to do that

in that case you need to manually set the ram to which the system is happy to boot with

here are 4 x570 itx on 3800 ram speeds
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dsu9K1Nt_7apHBdiy0MWVPcYjf6nOlr9CtkkfN78tSo/edit#gid=527992713

heres my 2 cents buy a prebuilt system if you want something to work out of the box
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
  Share Topic