ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming-ITX BIOS keeps resetting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 7:41am
Do not download and flash BIOS files obtained outside of the official website.

:)

@ENTERPRISE: I really appreciate your enthusiasm! However, please hide that download link you just posted.

To all the other users: let's wait patiently for their report on the BIOS and for Asrock to officially release this version.

If you are interested in testing unreleased BIOS files for Asrock it's better to contact their support directly and ask for the file instead of assuming the file you are getting from their support forum comes from the company.
Ramsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:38am
The resetting problem everyone is facing is due to the poor motherboard design.
The motherboard area between the CPU and the memory slot should be no go zone.
This area should be totally free of any components so that there is no interference to the high speed signals between the CPU and memory.
For this motherboard you can see the numerous components in this area whereas all other motherboards from ASRock, ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte have no components in this area - just check this out yourself.
ASRock should recall all this motherboards and redesign a new motherboard.
Ramsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 10:40am
It is not a BIOS issue but the poor motherboard design which I have mentioned above.
rangulicon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rangulicon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Ramsey Ramsey wrote:

It is not a BIOS issue but the poor motherboard design which I have mentioned above.

You are absolutely correct on this point. They built a lot into this board, but the design decisions have created serious issues for their customers. I'm honestly surprised I was able to get my memory running at all with the XMP profile. For anyone that wants some technical criticism on this boards layout watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXwjwxb39EA
Ramsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 12:10pm
You are the lucky one.
The motherboard design is poor and marginal which means that some will be okay and some will not.
That is why we are seeing reports of random resets, etc.
A good motherboard design should never have such problems.
ENTERPRISE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by matthew matthew wrote:

Do not download and flash BIOS files obtained outside of the official website.

:)

@ENTERPRISE: I really appreciate your enthusiasm! However, please hide that download link you just posted.

To all the other users: let's wait patiently for their report on the BIOS and for Asrock to officially release this version.

If you are interested in testing unreleased BIOS files for Asrock it's better to contact their support directly and ask for the file instead of assuming the file you are getting from their support forum comes from the company.

The link is posted for those who wish to take the risk to test. It is up to the user to assume and risk when testing. If a user is fearful of BIOS flashing in any sense then they should not even flash the BIOS from the official site unless they are experiencing problems as any BIOS flash can go wrong whether it be a final BIOS or in Beta provided officially.

I prefer to provide people with an avenue as opposed to a brick wall of no hope. Again, it is user risk and of course I nor Asrock assume any responsibility.

The motherboard design unfortunately does seem to have its issues which is a huge shame considering it is a feature packed board, even with it being feature packed, components located in poor places could have been relocated. A little bit of a rushed job I think.
lajchi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 5:15pm
I tried to flash that bios, but it does not help. It looks like the 1st revision. It takes a bit longer to boot, and the boot screen is overscanned.

I wrote to Asrock 6 months ago, but never even got a reply back, so at least some of you guys have communication going on with them.

It is just frustrating that after all of this time, nothing official has been stated.
ENTERPRISE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ENTERPRISE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2020 at 7:10pm
I can also report that the BIOS (2.22) does not fix the issue. I have communicated this to Asrock with some additional symptoms I was suffering on BIOS 2.00 that also follow 2.22.

I noticed that when I first booted my system that the Time an Date were out, you do not think much of it, not the first time. I adjusted the Date and time, however I notice upon subsequent cold boots that it would drop the time, though oddly the date would remain fine.

With BIOS 2.22, upon first boot after flash, it dropped the date and time again. Though again, after sorting the date and time, the date would be fine but again the time would lose its place after another cold boot.

I did try with a new CMOS battery to rule that out (Just for my piece of mind) but that did not rectify the issue. Of course my BIOS settings still do not remain on Cold boots.

I have relayed all this to Asrock. They want me to keep a track of the time loss between shutdown and subsequent cold boots and relay that to them to see if they can see some sort of patterns.
Ramsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 12:06pm
It is shameful that ASRock has not officially acknowledged the problems that users are facing with this motherboard.
What else can users do to get them to acknowledge, act and fix this?
Perhaps users should inform YouTubers and other media sources of ASRock attitude.
I am sure ASRock want to preserve their reputation or perhaps not.

Taichi_FTW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taichi_FTW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 8:25pm
I came across this thread because I am experiencing the same issue with X570 Taichi.
I am more inclined to believe it's related to BIOS/ AGESA version, but my reach out to Asrock tech support obviously goes nowhere as of yet.
Ryzen 5 3600X on X570 Taichi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic