ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 PRO4 AM4 CPU and DRAM LED's on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SGT_Chaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 11:22am
Hey there, built a new pc (I?™ve built a few) but this one has given me issues. It?™s the ASRock X570M PRO4. And it?™s giving me the same 2 lights it seems to be giving everyone else. With mobos being scarce, mATX especially, what are those steps that you?™d mentioned before?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 4:15pm
Full system specs, what 2 lights? CPU and GPU? Do you have a discrete GPU or are
you using an APU (2200g/3200g, 2400g/3400g, Athlon 200ge/3000g etc)?

What RAM are you using? Is it in slots A2 and B2? Is it properly seated (new slots
can be very tight)?

Do you have your 8pin CPU power connected from your PSU?
Mellonello17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellonello17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:18am
After going through a troubleshooting guide sent to me from ASRock, I determined that the Mobo was faulty. No post or even a beep code(put in the little speaker that comes with the board to hear it). Went with an MSI MPG x570 gaming plus. Easy installation, and has an extra 4 pin connector for the CPU for extreme overclocking. Really badass mobo.
Mellonello17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellonello17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:21am
Hey all, here is the troubleshooting guide that ASRock sent me. Use this and try to figure out if yours is too!

Try to find out if the mainboard will give you any beep code. Try to test the mainboard outside of the computer case. Remove all the devices that connect it on the mainboard. Only device need to connect on the mainboard is the Processor and Processor cooling fan, and make sure all the power connector are fully plug in 12V rail connector (4pin or 8pin),
And 4/8 Pin CPU 12V rail connector is also connect on mainboard as well.
1.Please use this connector on the motherboard. (2 black and 2 yellow wires)

and 24(20)pin ATX power connector.
.This is 20+4 pin connector; please connect the 24-pin connector to the motherboard.
If you do hear the beep code like 1 long beep and follow by 3 short beep. Please insert 1 single memory module, and go ahead insert the video card to the PCI-E slot. Below is the troubleshooting guide, or check the following link for further help.

1 Short Beep
One beep is good! Everything is ok, that is if you see things on the screen. If you don't see anything, check your monitor and video card first. Is everything connected? If they seem fine, your motherboard has some bad chips on it. First reset the SIMM's and reboot. If it does the same thing, one of the memory chips on the motherboard are bad, and you most likely need to get another motherboard since these chips are soldered on.
1 Long, 3 Short Beeps
You've probably just added memory to the motherboard since this is a conventional or extended memory failure. Generally this is caused by a memory chip that is not seated properly. Reseat the memory chips.
1 Long, (5) Short Beeps
Display / retrace test failed. Reseat the video card.

Dear ASRock Costumer,

Please follow the next steps in order to troubleshoot your main board.
TO CLEAR BIOS
First: disconnect the two power supplies sources from the main board. (24 Pins /20Pins and 8Pins/4Pins) cables.
Pull the Battery out from its battery Socket.
Second short the Jumper CLRMOS located closed to the Battery and set for from position 1~2 to 2~3 to clear the Cmos for about 10 seconds.
Finally reverse all steps above.
Turn your PC on and when screen Display appear Press the key F2 to Access to CMOS setup and then press the key F9 to load Optimal Defaults.
Finally press the key F10 to save and exit.

After your clear CMOS and still does not respond do the next steps:

TO TROUBLESHOOT MAINBOARD
In order to troubleshoot your mainboard disconnected all cables and work only with the cables recommended below.
Removed your mainboard from your Computer case (if your mainboard is installed in the case)
Make sure the mainboard is lay down in a clean flat surface and use the protection the comes with your mainboard to avoid any electrical short underside the circuit board.   
Please connect only the cables requested below (do not connect IDEs, Floppy ect.)
The only parts for your Mainboard it needs to be install is the CPU & CPU's fan
Connect the 2-power connector (24(20) pins and 8(4) pins) from Power Supply
Connect the Speaker

from your computer case (Diagnostic beep code by speaker). No sound speakers

Connect the Power Switch from your Computer case into Panel 1 Pushbutton.
Take your RAM out of your Mainboard as well as video card.
Then turn your mainboard on and you should heard 3 beeps (if you heard them please turn it off)
Install your RAM and turn your mainboard on you should heard 8 beeps (if you heard them turn it off)
Install your video card and turn your mainboard on and you should heard 1 beep (you should have screen display in your monitor)
If all steps above passed please put your mainboard inside the case.
Every single time you added a cable from IDE or CD room please turn your PC off and try, if for some reason fail disconnect the last device you install and go one step back to trouble shoot by steps.
IDE & OPTICAL CONNECTED
For best compatibility and stability, please make sure your stand alone hard drive on primary IDE has jumper setting to master, and your stand alone optical device on secondary IDE has jumper setting to master, too. Also if you only have one hard drive without any other optical device, please connect the hard drive to primary IDE with its jumper setting to master. Furthermore, for optimizing the transfer rate for the hard drive, we recommend you to connect your hard drive(s) to the primary IDE channel and optical device(s) to the secondary IDE channel .
After you finished loading your OS to HDD you can connect all IDEs Devices

ASRock America Support Team
Samseung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samseung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2020 at 8:55am
I have the same problem my cpu and dram lights are on i have a b550m pro 4 mb

I dont know what to do its been a long week of trying to figure this out now ove read that people got faulty boards
FoxHoundRA64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FoxHoundRA64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2020 at 10:52am
Hello all, I am new to this forum and I have a asrock x570m motherboard. I am using a 3000G, 16gb of GSKILL 3600mhz ram, stock cooler. This is my second RMA with this motherboard and I am incredibly disappointed! Is there any solution to this? I have the same issue, CPU and RAM LED, I have troubleshooted TONS including new and different ram with increased mounting pressure, no luck. I need a micro ATX board to overclock with... :( Please give me some advice on how to fix it or, maybe some suggestions with good VRMs because I will be overclocking RAM and the CPU.

I have pictures to prove it, and to show off my basic/nice build if yall want
Mr3dPHD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr3dPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2020 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Ogurchick Ogurchick wrote:

Got the same problem, solved it after puching ram just a bit further into slot.

Same here! They felt like they were in when I installed them but after reading this I went back and put more pressure and sure enough, they each clicked down just a tiny bit more and my machine boots fine now!
jonchgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonchgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 2:47am
same problem. no answers. damm.
john
svaage80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote svaage80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2024 at 12:55am
Hi. I have just bought this mobo,and would installe it in a be quiet dx500,but i have the same problems with red light on cpu and ram, the display dont work, I am using on in another cabinet, and it is working ok, I have tried to take ram and graphiccard from this build but not working ,I hope that i can get some advice!
https://forum.asrock.com/smileys/smiley11.gif
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic