ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x399 : Dr Debug code 90!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi x399 : Dr Debug code 90!
    Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 7:01pm
Hi,

Mobo = Taichi x399
Memory = 4 x BLE4G4D26AFEA.8FAD (Crucial, on QVL list)
GPU = Vega 64
Cooler = LIQTECH II TR4 240 RGB CPU WATER COOLER - 240MM
Power = EVGA 1600G2

I have a Taichi x399 which now refuses to boot (it was working OK), error code is 90. I've tried removing/adding back memory, CMOS reset, different GFX cards etc but the sucker will not boot, lots of other codes flip by on the LCD but it ends up at 90 and sits there! (I believe 90 is Boot Device Selection (BDS) phase is starts)

I had recently upgraded to the 3.60 BIOS but everything had been running OK, the PC just crashed while unattended last night and now fails to start!

OK I've also just tried to use the "Bios Flashback" to the bridge bios 2.3 and I just get a solid green light which means it didn't work, as per FAQ "If the LED light turns solid green, this means that the BIOS Flashback is not operating properly"

I'm at a bit of a lost what to try next, I know the PSU is also OK as it was running another rig until about 5 days ago!

Thanks
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2019 at 9:08pm
Disconnect all drives from your system including any flash drives you may have connected and see if that allows you to post. It sounds like something went wrong with your boot selection in the UEFI. If that doesn't get you a POST then try clearing CMOS by disconnecting the system from power then removing the CMOS battery for an hour.
Headrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 1:19am

Hi Xaltar,

OK I've tried disconnecting all drives, no post.

Can you just confirm when clearing the CMOS with the little button on the MOBO, do I do that when the machine:

1. Powered off
2. Powered on

how long should I hold it down for etc?

I pressed the button multiple times but I'm not convinced it's actually clearning anything ;)

Many Thanks for your post.

HEADRAT
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:52am
You need to take the button cell battery out of the motherboard, a simple CMOS
clear is often not enough with issues like this. Also, always clear CMOS with the
system powered off and disconnected from power. The odds of damaging something
are not terribly high but better not to risk it.
Headrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 3:04pm

OK took battery out overnight, this morning I pressed CMOS button multiple times with system powered off, no joy still no boot and error code 90

I'm not sure what I can do next
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 3:39pm
What BIOS version did you have on there? Try flashback to the same version. If that fails contact ASRock's Tech Support here:

https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
Headrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:41pm

Unfortunately I forgot to note what version I was coming from, I've tried a flashback of both the latest 3.60 BIOS and the 2.3 bridge bios and while it starts flashing green in ends up "solid green"
Headrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 4:44pm

I've already opened a support case with Asrock.

How do you "edit" post on this forum
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 10:19pm
There is no edit function on the forum, it was removed thanks to spammers abusing it to add links to old posts. It got to the point where I was spending all my time digging for week old posts to delete

Try flashback to the BIOS before the bridge BIOS. The bridge BIOS is not a true update, more of a stepping stone to prep for the new microcode in the later BIOSes and the later BIOS versions may not flash without the bridge BIOS.   
Headrat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Headrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2019 at 3:03am

I've tried multiple different older vesion:

no joy, couple of green flashes then it goes solid green.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic