ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How To Install Windows On A PCIe SSD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2018 at 10:02pm
Didnt know kissanime installing  on an pcie ssd has these groupme many methods but thanks for so much info in a single letgo post. Appreciate it.

Edited by Shane - 28 Aug 2018 at 2:25pm
Mr Bond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2018 at 10:06pm
I wonder Have Toshiba X3 256g NVME THNSN5256GPU7 been supported in Z97 Extreme9 to install Windows 7 ?
Mr Bond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2018 at 10:32pm
No one can help ? I have z97 extreme9, with 1 Toshiba NVME XG3, now I need to install windows 7 on this montherboard with this ssd nvme. But I can not know the way to install completely ? I do not see the title "Windows Boot Manager" in Bios (updated to newest version)
sanctempdyra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanctempdyra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 5:11pm
Hello,

My first suggestion with any SSD - forget about RAID. It will create more headaches than it is worth - you also lose the TRIM function of the SSD with RAID.

The way I install on all SSDs - I remove all drives from the PC except the SDD (new OS drive) and optical drive. Boot from the Windows DVD (or you can use a USB stick), and install on the blank drive. After installation is complete - add back the other drives.

If you are using kissanime multiple SSDs, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc should all be separate volumes. If you setup the drive in RAID 0, and there is an error on any of the drives/SSDs - you lose absolutely everything on every drive. ThankYou.

Regards,
Sanc

Edited by sanctempdyra - 01 Oct 2018 at 6:52pm
bobowyc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobowyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2018 at 11:19pm
Hi guys, I am using a Z97 Extreme 4 motherboard and just flashed my bios from version 2.10 to 2.60; reason being I bought an Intel 760p 512GB M.2 PCIE NVME SSD. And while in version 2.10, i did not test if the nvme drive worked, because i read forums that only at 2.40 it will work. So right now after flashing it to 2.60, it is still not detected in my bios or in windows. Am i able to restore back to my previous bios version and then flash back to 2.40? Lol. Didnt think properly before flashing my bios.. xD haihs. 
davidk350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidk350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2018 at 12:16pm
There are two ways to configure this UEFI option. The first one is the easiest and has no other requirements of your PC hardware. The second way requires your video source to be compatible with a protocol called GOP. That's why I don't suggest using the second method unless you know your video source is GOP compatible.  MS Office error code 80070663

Elina_williams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elina_williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2018 at 5:26pm
I have installed SSD on my Acer Aspire. I removed all the drives from PC except for new OS drive. Boot from USB stick and install on the blank drive. Add back other devices when the installation is complete. View Kernel Data Inpage Error for more information.

Eligor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eligor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2018 at 1:15am
Hello. I have encountered a strange problem while trying to follow this guide - there seems to be no "Launch Storage OpROM Policy" option in my bios !  Even more, my "CSM" option appears in different directory (not "Boot") and gives me no sub-options, only allowing to enable or disable it, and I can't just disable, as my graphics card is not GOP compatible, so I have to use the first option, but can't.
My motherboard is - ASRock 990fx extreme3, UEFI 1.90 (the latest version). My SSD is - WD Black Pcie NVME, attached via Pcie adapter. I'm trying to install Windows 10 from usb, and while installation starts normally, and my SSD even appears in list of available locations for installation (so the system can "see" it), when I choose it, I get some kind of message about disc being unrecognized by bios or something.
So, is there something wrong with my bios, or did I just miss the necessary option ?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by Eligor - 11 Nov 2018 at 1:16am
zandyr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zandyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 8:29am
can this guide correct previous errors related to Windows 10?

________________________________________________________________________________
Appvalley TutuApp Tweakbox
teleworm1337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teleworm1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 3:26am
There is no legitimate "copy' of a Windows install disc.
[url]https://get-shareit.com/[/url] [url=http://authorityapk.com]GBWhatsApp[/url] [url]https://downloadluckypatcher.co[/url]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 28>
  Share Topic