ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi X470 seems to be in a boot loop

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanklamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:24pm
I also used this PSU to power the old Intel mobo on which I've tested the graphics card. Only the 8 pin connector had no place to put it in. So that cable is not tested. But the PSU is brand new.
sanklamm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanklamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Make sure the RAM is properly seated, sometimes the slots can be very tight on a new board.
Use a single module of RAM in slot A2.
Check the sticker on the BIOS chip to see what BIOS version is installed
Try turning on the PC and just leaving it for an hour.
If all else fails, return the CPU for replacement.
With Post codes the only one that matters is the last one on the display before it boot loops. In this case I am guessing C0 which is AGESA Boot Load initialization.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I am pretty sure the RAM was properly seated. It gave clicks on both sides of the slot.
I've tried about every permutation of RAM in those slots.

The sticker says 1.30 but is striked through by a black marker. Maybe because it was upgraded to support Ryzen 3000 series. There was an additional sticker on the mobo box saying "Ryzen 3000 ready". I guess for that a flashed BIOS was necessary. So I'm not sure which BIOS is installed.

Yesterday I've tried leaving it running with the new 4GB Ram module (I've bought for troubleshooting) for about 30-45 minutes.

A couple of hours ago I've brought mobo, CPU, graphics card and RAM to a shop nearby to check for damaged parts because I didn't know what to do anymore.
And since I've already RMAed the mobo - which seems to not have been the problem - I would like to know what is actually broken before RMAing anything else.

We'll see what they find. This PC building project turned out to be a terrible experience.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:01pm
Good call taking it in to be checked out for you. Let us know what they find
sanklamm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanklamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:14pm
I just got the call. The CPU is fried. With another 2700x the system boots right up.

The technician also told me that the POST code cycling is due to not finding a (for the boot process) vital component. So the board looks for that device, does not find it and starts all over.

Now I hope that I get the CPU RMAed. Whish me luck :)

And thanks for all the tips.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:29pm
I suspected as much, good luck with the RMA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic