ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Black Screen ASRock X570 Pro w/Ryzen 5 3400g

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Black Screen ASRock X570 Pro w/Ryzen 5 3400g
    Posted: 26 Sep 2019 at 5:59pm
Specs:
ASRock X570 Pro
Ryzen 5 3400G - Radeon RX Vega 11
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | 16 GB 3200 MHz

When the computer starts up, if I have the HDMI cable plugged into the motherboard directly, the computer will not start up. It powers on, but the monitor never gets a signal.

I took a PCIE graphics card from another computer and put it in. And it will work jut fine with that. However, I would like to use the Radeon RX Vega 11 on the CPU instead of a extra graphics card.

I updated the EUFI BIOS from P1.00 to P1.70.
I tried setting the Primary Video Adapter to Int Graphics (IGD).
I tried disabling the Full HD UEFI setting.
I've reset the EUFI to the defaults.
Daryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 2:21am
I have also done the following:
Unseated both ram chips and rebooted.
Unseated both ram chips and put one ram chip in.
Unseated that ram chip and put a different ram chip in.

Additionally, it originally worked to install Windows 10 Home.
I installed the video driver on the website. The monitor flickered off and back on like it does whenever you install a new driver. Then it asked me to reboot.

After rebooting, the motherboard never again sent a signal to the monitor. I couldn't see the post screen, etc. But plugging in a different video card allowed the machine to work.

So the machine will boot up and work just fine in windows w/a different graphics card.
Vulpie05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulpie05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2019 at 9:21am
I had a similar problem, but the exact opposite. B450 Pro4, Ryzen 2200G was working just fine, but then I installed a 1660 Ti, and I couldn't post. I swapped dimms, etc. but my computer would not post. Keyboard and mouse lights would not light up. I was afraid I bricked the mobo. However, I then cleared the cmos, and then I was able to post! I'm not sure exactly what went wrong, but it works now. Anyway, I would try clearing cmos if you have not done so. Also give your computer a little extra time to boot up after you do so.
Daryl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daryl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 12:10am
I tried the cmos reset multiple times. And many cmos options.

When I contacted their support, they didn't have any other suggestions and said to try a different cpu if I had one and if not to just return both my CPU and motherboard.

Not my favorite answer from a technical support question.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic