ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unable to login to Ipmi on x470d4u following reset
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to login to Ipmi on x470d4u following reset

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reginal1927 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to login to Ipmi on x470d4u following reset
    Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 6:43pm
Hi,

Just got a x470d4u for a freenas build.

When I first installed it I could access the Ipmi with the default username and password of admin/admin. At no point have I changed this.

I updated the bios on the motherboard to 3.20 as it wasn't detecting my m.2 drives and the latest bios is meant to improve m.2 compatibility. After doing that I couldn't get to the bios screen via the ipmi kvm, it just said no display after display the entering setup message and then reboots.

I updated the ipmi bmc firmware to 01.60.00 try and sort that out, the update went fine and I could login, but still couldn't see the bios screen via ipmi kvm. As a last resort I carried out a reset to defaults for the ipmi interface. I'm now unable to login with the default username and password. I get the error invalid username or password.

I've managed to set the machine up by using a keyboard and monitor plugged in to the machine, but defeats the purpose of having the ipmi feature. I did notice that the bios mentions bmc refresh failure. What can I do to resolve this? Can the ipmi interface be reset without access or will this be a replacement motherboard?

azeprock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote azeprock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 10:46pm
Hi,

After being stuck in the same case as you, i finnaly found then solution :

You need some files :

AST2500 SoCFlash
ASRock BMC firmware
FreeDOS usb flash drive

1) Create a USB Flash Drive with FreeDOS on it
2) Copy SoCFlash for AST2500 on it
3) Copy uncompressed BMC Firmware on it

Then boot on USB Drive, and run the following command (File names are thoses on my USB key, adapt for your key)

socflash.exe x470d4~1.ima backup.ima

Power off, then unplug power for some few time. Plug in, let BMC boot completely for about 90seconds, and enjoy !

AST2500 SoCFlash : https://mega.nz/#!ixxxnAYb!XJuoY_RtNXy-zsDtUXZsaK3QF-ncNv-7hFqL29gYuNI
jnanes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnanes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2020 at 11:47pm
@azeprock Thank you for this detailed guide. This helped me solve my IPMI woes on my Freenas Mini!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic