ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450M Pro4 - Ethernet at only 10 Mbs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ghqx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghqx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450M Pro4 - Ethernet at only 10 Mbs
    Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:40pm
How did you fix it? Having the same problems
bomtoekel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomtoekel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 5:50am
Update:
I was able to fix the problem using SG TCP Optimizer following a suggestion of someone on the linustechtips forum. Still don't get what the problem was, but the most important thing is that it is fixed.
bomtoekel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomtoekel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 4:36am
Thanks for your reply,
I've tried your bios options:
AMD PBS\LAN power ; is not an option in my bios, so I think it is only for more expensive motherboards
In XGBE Configuration, I've changed all the ports from automatic to enabled. This didn't fix the problem.

I am running Driver version:10.36.701.2019 after installing the realtek Win10 Auto Installation Program.

I found a diagnostic tool on the realtek site that I ran, this checked the cable and gave an OK rating. After about a minute in the diagnostic program the Ethernet adapter stopped working and Windows couldn't detect it anymore. I could only get it back by performing a windows network reset and disconnecting the power from the computer.

If no other fixes or checks are possible then I will get a cross Ethernet cable.
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 3:29am
Update the Realtek Lan driver.
If you already have the Realtek Lan driver ver:10035_05212019,
check for a new Realtek RTL8111H driver on the Realtek site.

Under bios, i only know

Advanced\AMD PBS\LAN power enable

Advanced\AMD CBS\FCH Common Options\XGBE Configuration options
where you can enable/disable a port

Get a cross ethernet cable, connect the laptop with it to the B450M Pro4 and test.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
bomtoekel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomtoekel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2019 at 2:57am
Hello,

I've recently upgraded my system and now my Ethernet connection is stuck at 10Mb/s. My system is using an Asrock B450M Pro4 and is connected using a cat 5e cable to a Ubee EVW3200 router, which has been provided by my ISP.
Due to it being a new system it runs on a (3 days old) fresh windows 10 install and no old settings where used.

In order to solve the problem I've already tried the following:

- Checked the Ethernet cable, is UTP CAT 5e.
- Checked if the cable was the problem using my laptop, with the same ethernet cable on the same router port I got a 100Mb/s connection
- To be sure I ran a online speed test on the laptop (wifi adapter disabled) and got a download speed of 51.8Mb/s
- Installed latest windows updates
- Checked if Motherboard bios was up to date (using latest bios version)
- Reverted router settings to the factory settings
- Checked if the router firmware could be updated but this is being handled by the ISP and therefore locked
- Uninstalled the realtek drivers (provided by asrock) and installed the most recent realtek driver (going from version 10.035 to 10.036)
- Tried changing Speed&Duplex setting on my Ethernet adapter, have tried them all and none of them worked. (suggested here: [URL]https://superuser.com/questions/1163116/how-to-fix-ethernet-speed-being-stuck-at-10-mbit-in-win10[/URL])
- Tried disabling Qos Packet Scheduler by unchecking it under my Ethernet adapter properties ( suggested here: [URL]https://superuser.com/questions/1330112/windows-10-internet-speed-capped-at-half-the-original-speed-on-new-pc[/URL])
- Tried disabling Windows Auto-tuning level using guide [URL]https://superuser.com/questions/1330112/windows-10-internet-speed-capped-at-half-the-original-speed-on-new-pc[/URL]
- Disabled all the settings of my Ethernet adapter that listed power-saving or green mode in it (See list below)

After each of actions listed above, I've restarted the system and the router in order to check if the problem was fixed. If a the action was unsuccessful (which they all where) then I reverted the setting to its default in order to stop new problems from occurring. None of them caused any change in the Ethernet adapter speed and it stays on 10Mb/s.
I'm now wondering if my onboard network-card is the problem but don't know of any way to check this and have no network card laying around.
Does somebody know what the problem could be (is there a setting in the bios that could prevent higher speeds), or a way to check if the onboard network card is faulty.

The current settings of my Ethernet adapter are:

Qos Packet Scheduler                  Enabled
Windows Auto-tuning level             Normal

Advanced EEE                          Disabled
ARP Offload                           Enabled
Auto Disable Gigabit                  Disabled
Energy-Efficient Ethernet             Enabled (tried disabling this)
Flow Control                          Rx & Tx Enabled
Gigabit Lite                          Enabled
Green Ethernet                        Enabled (tried disabling this)
Interrupt Moderation                  Enabled
IPv4 Checksum Offload                 Rx & Tx Enabled
Jumbo Frame                           Disabled
Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4)          Enabled
Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6)          Enabled
Maximum Number of RSS Queues          4 Queues
Network address                      Not Present
NS Offload                            Enabled
Power Saving Mode                     Enabled (tried disabling this)
Priority & Vlan                      Priority & Vlan Enabled
Receive buffers                      512
Receive Side Scaling                  Enabled
Shutdown Wake-on Lan                  Enabled
Speed & Duplex                        Auto Negotiation (tried all other settings)
TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4)           Rx & Tx Enabled
TCP Checksum Offload (IPv6)           Rx & Tx Enabled
Transmit buffers                      128
UDP Checksum Offload (IPv4)           Rx & Tx Enabled
UDP Checksum Offload (IPv6)           Rx & Tx Enabled
Wake on Magic Packet                  Enabled
Wake on Patern match                  Enabled
WOL & Shutdown Link speed             10 Mbps First (tried 100 Mbps First)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic