ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

my a320m-hdv got no sound

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renyyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my a320m-hdv got no sound
    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 2:25pm
my build is:

amd athlon 200ge
asrock a320m-hdv
rx 580 8gb

i didnt turn on my pc for 1 month, and suddenly my pc got no audio. all looks normal, even sound manager detect a sound (got equalizer turn up and down) but still no sound on my speaker. its weird if my rear port is faulty since front port also no sound.

but i got a sound if i connect my speaker into the monitor (sound from hdmi)

already update bios to p5.9, reinstall windows, do almost all tutorial in case window update is the cause, but still no luck.

anyone know why?
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 6:53pm
I can't understand why you guys always update bios, reinstall windows and this stuff just because something stopped working.

The PC and it's audio had been functional before that month.
During that time no SW change was made and now audio from the onboard sound suddenly is not working? The SW shows that everthing should be intact? Did you get a windows update after the first start?

For a real analysis of the original problem it is too late now.

OK, fur the current situation:
You get sound form the monitor via HDMI routed from the graphics card?
This looks more like the active audio devices are distorted.

I would check the sound control for the audio devices where you should be able to select either the GPU/Monitor or the onboard audio chip.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
renyyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renyyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

I can't understand why you guys always update bios, reinstall windows and this stuff just because something stopped working.

The PC and it's audio had been functional before that month.
During that time no SW change was made and now audio from the onboard sound suddenly is not working? The SW shows that everthing should be intact? Did you get a windows update after the first start?

For a real analysis of the original problem it is too late now.

OK, fur the current situation:
You get sound form the monitor via HDMI routed from the graphics card?
This looks more like the active audio devices are distorted.

I would check the sound control for the audio devices where you should be able to select either the GPU/Monitor or the onboard audio chip.

yes, before that month my pc functional well. and i yeah got window update. that why i thought that was the cause. but after reinstall window, without update also no sound
already check the the sound control for speaker setting, still same. now i using monitor with no built in speaker, so setting for audio from Graphic card not appear
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 10:04pm
I did not mean speaker setting.
Taskbar->Speakersymbol context->Open sound control:
This will open the control app:
Settings->Soundcontrol->Output->XXX <- Can you choose between onboard sound and HDMI?

What audio devices do you see in the device manager?

Sorry, i have a german windows and don't know the exact naming for the english variant.
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
renyyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renyyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 5:15am

I did not mean speaker setting.
Taskbar->Speakersymbol context->Open sound control:
This will open the control app:
Settings->Soundcontrol->Output->XXX <- Can you choose between onboard sound and HDMI?

What audio devices do you see in the device manager?

Sorry, i have a german windows and don't know the exact naming for the english variant.

this one right?

btw, for now the option only speaker since my current monitor didn't have built in speaker

as you can see, my system detect sound when i play on youtube.
Vulpie05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulpie05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 10:10am
This may be a dumb question, but what type of speakers do you have? Is it possible the audio cable is loose on the speaker end?
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 11:05am
Currently i use the monitor speaker via HDMI/GPU, audio on the mainboard is switched off.

Yes, i would check cable and connector.
Under test:
renyyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renyyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Vulpie05 Vulpie05 wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but what type of speakers do you have? Is it possible the audio cable is loose on the speaker end?

using 2.1 altec lansing speaker. pretty sure my connector/speaker in good condition since before this when i use monitor with built in speaker, i connect my monitor to my speaker and it work perfectly. sadly its my brother monitor and i only borrow to test.
renyyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renyyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 1:02pm

Currently i use the monitor speaker via HDMI/GPU, audio on the mainboard is switched off.

Yes, i would check cable and connector.

i have check the cable. all is ok
renyyz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renyyz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 10:24pm

try using this usb sound card, and its work perfectly.
but its produce low quality sound, and i can hear annoying sound from my speaker.
its possible if my rear port already faulty? but its weird since my front port also cant use.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic