ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Phantom Gaming 4 not recognising M.2 SSD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote murkysee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Phantom Gaming 4 not recognising M.2 SSD
    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 6:39pm
Hi, have a new upgrade to the innards of my PC case:
X570 Phantom Gaming 4
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Kingston HyperX FURY 16G (2x 8's)
Crucial P1 1TB M.2
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Ti video card

What I'm discovering, is that the Crucial P1 is not being recognised, despite being on the Storage QVL.
I originally had it in the M2_1 slot, with no joy. Based on googling and frustrated trial and error moved it to M2_3. This did make a change, in that in the list of storage devices, I could now see the empty slot, prior to this, none of the M2 slots showed up.

Was originally on the 1.4 BIOS iirc. Have trialled the "2.50 2019/11/13" bios, and am currently running the "[Beta] L2.56 2019/11/25" bios. All to no change.
Have trialled fiddling with what settings seemed relevant from research here and elsewhere, all to no joy.

From what I can see in this forum and others, the ASRock MB's do consistently have trouble with the M2 SSDs. So I'm guessing it's possible a fix is beyond their expertise.

Does anyone have a defined solution that does work? or is this a return to place of purchase and buy a different brand solution?

Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic