ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beta BIOS 5.99 for x370 Professional Gaming

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beta BIOS 5.99 for x370 Professional Gaming
    Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 4:57am
Having tried this new beta bios i feel the need to warn others about it, there is a fairly severe issue in it with regards to SoC voltage and how it reacts with any change to VDDG, voltages in general do not behave as in previous bios'es and it's mainly SoC, VDDP and VDDG that are way off mark, as an example the board will automatically set 1.2V SoC at 3600MT/s /1800MHz synced FCLK/UCLK/MEMCLK, this is quite high and should not be a standard value at all at those speeds.

Whats worse is that this voltage is not affected by changing SoC voltage but only by changing VDDG, and here's a big issue because running any normal VDDG values will increase SoC even further and that's really bad.

Maximum SoC voltage anyone should be running for a Zen2/R3000/Matisse CPU without integrated gpu is about 1.125V and if i set VDDG to 0.95-1V which is a very normal voltage SoC ends up at around 1.3V which is way to high, this with no way of lowering it.

I have tried setting a fixed SoC voltage, i have tried every place you can set SoC voltage and i have also tried doing the uncore OC with change voltage for that also with no result, no matter what i set for SoC voltage it isn't affected.

Another small thing with this bios is that the CPPC order of prefered cores is really messed up, it has inverted the core order basically which means the worst performing core is loaded first of all. Also it has quite bad cold boot issues that are not present in previous versions with same settings, they also remain with looser timings and lower frequencies and higher voltages.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic