ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A320 M Pro4 Ultra M.2 slot only working at x2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbyssalManta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A320 M Pro4 Ultra M.2 slot only working at x2
    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:45am
I recently purchased an ADATA Gammix S11 Pro SSD and installed it to the ultra M.2 slot in my Asrock A320 M Pro. I have a Ryzen 2600 (I.E not an APU) and windows 10 Pro. The specifications clearly say the ultra M.2 slot should be running at x4, but all diagnostic software say the SSD is running at only x2. Benchmarks are about half what they should be, naturally.

I have installed the latest All in 1 drivers and updated the UEFI to 6.0. No joy.

Please advise.
AbyssalManta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbyssalManta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:51am
I will also say I was not able to update the firmware on the SSD because their utility that supposedly would let me do that instead sends me to an online product catalog with no firmware in sight. Googling doesn't yield a thing either. *sigh*

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbyssalManta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 3:41am
So, no technical support for me?
Ray62 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 4:44am
Yes, this SSD should be running at x4.

Check the connection for the M2 SSD.
There could be dirt/dust on the connector.

And you can try to load CMOS defaults or better do a CMOS reset and see, if x4 is detected.

But i think it is more a connection problem.

Another M2 NVME for testing also could be helpfull.
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbyssalManta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 4:05am
Uninstalled the Drive, cleaned the slot with an anti-static brush, re-seated it, this time double checking that it was right in the center and slotted all the way. Reset CMOS with the jumper thingy.

No changes. I'm just going to accept that I have a slightly crippled system and stop wasting time on this issue. It's not like random reads are even affected by running on 2x, right?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic