ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi 570 not even getting an ERR code

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 6:43am
You do not have to use an old AM4 CPU.
But it can be true that the board needs a newer bios for the 3950x.

You can update to the latest bios of the board with the flash back function. See manual, chapter BIOS Flashback Button.
The Flashback feature also could be used without installed CPU and is made for such situations (the flash procedure will be done with a little microcontroller on the board)!
Try it!
Asrock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming Offline
Under test:
MSI X570_MEG_ACE | AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Scythe Mugen5 | 2x16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZ@3466 | ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE
theoperator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoperator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Ray62 Ray62 wrote:

You do not have to use an old AM4 CPU.
But it can be true that the board needs a newer bios for the 3950x.

You can update to the latest bios of the board with the flash back function. See manual, chapter BIOS Flashback Button.
The Flashback feature also could be used without installed CPU and is made for such situations (the flash procedure will be done with a little microcontroller on the board)!
Try it!

Thanks. I did that but unfortunately have the same issue :(

It did finish the flashback and to no avail it just wont initiate POST.

I will try reseating the CPU for the 3rd time then.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 6:23pm
even without plugging the cpu it will post codes i think the problem is connections or the board is a dud

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoperator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by gizmic gizmic wrote:

even without plugging the cpu it will post codes i think the problem is connections or the board is a dud

When I updated the firmware it will flash the ERR lcd but it goes straight off with the rest.

I will try removing the CPU if it will at least give me that then. If it does the same and you say will give me an error code; then it will be the board.

This time of the year sucks due to Xmas and getting exchange or RMA etc.

Thanks for the reply btw.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoperator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 7:10pm
I don't get any error code taking the CPU out of it, as well as the video card as well.

This is definitely the case; that it seems like a dead board? Thanks.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoperator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 10:45pm
Hi guys.

It was actually a dead PSU. Imagine that. A Seasonic DOA.

Thanks.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 11:23pm
It's rare but it happens

Glad you got it sorted in the end, enjoy the system

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoperator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 5:41pm
When I look at this thread, I completely forgot I had this isssue when I bought the system and its very possible I have another dead PSU again on my hands.

Theoretically, if I have a dead CPU, will the booard still illuminate the Power and Reset quick buttons on the actual board and give me a error code? As I don't get both.

At first I was thinking maybe my CPU is dead, but perhaps the PSU...again?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic