ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 OC Forumla Post Errors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2017 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by lowellSTL lowellSTL wrote:

Parsec writes:

The second is to request a BIOS chip from ASRock for your board with the appropriate UEFI/BIOS version on it. They will send it to you free. The BIOS chips are in sockets, and can be replaced carefully by anyone that can build a PC. You can contact ASRock in the link below, explaining your situation, to get a new BIOS chip:

http://www.asrock.com/support/index.asp?cat=RMA

I have a little experience with Kaby Lake and Intel 100 (see post below).  Wink  I am about to reply to my earlier post thanking ASRock support.  I do not think the BIOS chips are free.  I paid $15 as stated on the ASRock web page.  I had a bit of difficulty getting the updated BIOS by just sending e-mails to ASRock support.  I think there was a bit of miscommunication between ASRock and myself.

What I finally did (after calling the ASRock phone number) was to send a check for $15 (ASRock only accepts checks or money orders) to the ASRock America address in Chino, CA,  Attn: Deisy.  In my letter I specified my motherboard (i.e., Z170 OC Formula) and that I needed the latest BIOS update for Kaby Lake.  It took about a week total - very quick! 

So if you need a new BIOS chip, don't bother with e-mail, just send a check to ASRock and wait a week.  Good luck!

I read your thread, and I'm glad you received your new BIOS chip. Are you sure the ASRock contact person's name is Deisy, and not Daisy?

I've never had to order a BIOS chip from ASRock, so can only relate what I've been told, but I've had users that needed new BIOS chips in this particular situation tell us they got them for free.
thither View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thither Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 1:34pm
Hey, sorry to necropost but I got here by searching for that specific string of Dr Debug codes. I'm seeing this some sequence but in a different scenario, maybe this will help shed some light.

I've got an ASRock Z170 Extreme7+ with a Core i7-6700, with two sticks of g.skill DDR4-3200 RAM. I have recently RMAed the motherboard after it up and died on me, but before that it was running fine for months with all the same hardware I've currently got connected to it, so I'm pretty confident there are no incompatibility issues there.

Anyways, my situation is that I got the replacement motherboard installed in the case and hooked up everything to it again (significantly less fun than building it in the first place). When I put in both sticks of RAM, either in A1/B1 or A2/B2, I get the same 00, 19, 00, 4C sequence the OP describes.

However, when I boot with just a single stick in there (in A1 or A2) I'm actually able to POST and boot to the OS with video via the onboard HDMI.

It's downright peculiar. I've tried swapping which stick I use, and am able to POST with either stick installed, as long as there's only one, which to me would seem to rule out a faulty RAM stick (and again, the same hardware was working fine a few months ago and it's not like I've been using the RAM to apply spackle or something in the meantime).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic