ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beebox won't wake from sleep with remote or USB
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beebox won't wake from sleep with remote or USB

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fact619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beebox won't wake from sleep with remote or USB
    Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 11:54am
The Beebox won't wake from sleep with included remote or with a wireless USB  keyboard/mouse. The Beebox will boot from the power button on the included remote. The BIOS have both the USB and keyboard wake enabled. S5 deep sleep is disabled. Thanks!
fact619 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fact619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 3:34pm
Hello, is there any reply from the vendor, ASRock, on this issue?

I have submitted a formal support request and not received any response.

This level of customer service is not acceptable. I like the BeeBox. I want to give it a positive review on Amazon.

Please respond to this thread when you can.
Kind regards.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 4:28pm
You can try calling directly and inquiring:

USA: 1-909-590-8308
Europe: +31-24-345-44-33

Good luck Thumbs Up

Edited by Xaltar - 29 Dec 2015 at 4:29pm
fact619 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fact619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 4:30pm
Xaltar, are you employed by ASRock?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 4:33pm
No, the moderators here are not in the employ of ASRock. Any reason you ask?
fact619 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fact619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 4:36pm
I'm trying to understand the support model of this company. With such lauded products, I would expect there to be a support team dedicated to responding to technical issues.

A community moderated forum is nice, but a less than satisfactory stand-in for customer service.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 5:22pm
The forum does not fill a support role, it is a community for ASRock users that contains a support section. The distinction is important as the support segment is a secondary role and is intended to allow forum members to help each other out with more common user related issues that are not the responsibility of the manufacturer. It is an additional supplementary service rather than a stand in. Tech support is dedicated and not tied to these forums although they do on occasion frequent the forums too.

The main goal of the forums is to build a community and offer an arena for ASRock product owners to share their experiences, help each other out and offer suggestions and constructive criticism that ASRock can use to improve the experience of using their products. 

As for the Tech support response being slow I cannot really comment on that as I do not know how long ago you submitted your request. What I do know is that for the most part support have been very punctual and helpful from all I have seen on the forums here. Given the fact that it is the holiday season and Tech support is probably swamped with support tickets it makes sense they might take a little longer to get around to you. Don't get me wrong, I am in no way defending ASRock here but I have been in the business a long time and have seen first hand how hectic things can get during the holiday season. 

The phone numbers I provided should enable you to receive more prompt support if your issue is urgent. Failing that you can send a repeat request in case for some reason your first one fell through the cracks somehow. Additionally you can try sending a PM to "ASRock_TSD" which is the support representative account here on the forums. As I said, Tech support does on occasion post on the forums and ASRock_TSD is the name they use to announce larger scale fixes/BIOS updates etc.

Generally in all my years as a supplier and builder I never expected a response from any manufacturer in under 48 hours (not counting holidays and weekends) as it tends not to happen. When it does you either got lucky or that particular manufacturer has phenomenal support. I am sure ASRock Tech support will get to you shortly. You can get to ASRock's support page by clicking the "support" text in the top right hand corner of every page of the forums which will take you to the dedicated support request section. 
fact619 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fact619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 1:23am
Xaltar, thank you very much for the thoughtful reply. It's helpful to know what's going on behind the curtain. For what it's worth, I submitted my ticket on Nov 29. Maybe it just got lost in the shuffle. I'll reach out to ASRock support once more. Thanks again.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 2:01am
You are most welcome Smile

Hopefully they get back to you promptly this time Thumbs Up
Marc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2015 at 5:58pm
I have exactly the same problem with my Beebox N3150 Barebone.
S5 state is disabled. I've set the power button and keyboard to wake the system up from sleep, the blinking blue light of the power button does change into a steady blue light but there is no signal on both HDMI ports. I changed all kind of power options but found no way to get the Beebox out of it's sleep state.
My BIOS is also freezing frequently when I change a setting....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic