ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bios error?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicken69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bios error?
    Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 5:19pm
Well, recently I have bought a B450m steel legend motherboard to pair with my ryzen 5 2600x. Everything was fine, but I decided to do a stupid thing, update the bios.
The process was ok, and it told me that the bios have successfully updated then restart my pc. That is when thing gone wrong. It does not post anymore. All I got is 3 short beeps then pause for a little bit and followed by 3 more short beeps. After that it will not do anything more, no boot, no restart. what is wrong with it? And can I fix it myself or I have to send it back to where I bought it?
Reset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 5:49pm
Reset the jumper to CMOS.
If this does not help, try it with a RAM latch only.

The first start after a BIOS update may take a moment.
Chicken69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicken69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 5:53pm
I waited for hours but nothing happened. Now I?™m trying to remove the cmos battery and wait for couper of hours.
Reset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 6:07pm
If you set the clear jumper from the CMOS, you don't have to wait hours. A few minutes will do.
Chicken69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicken69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 8:56pm
Clear cmos not helping :(
Reset View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reset Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 9:41pm
Just do a RAM in A2 and then test it.
Chicken69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicken69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 10:33pm
I tried too, same result, 3 short beeps then followed by another 3 short beeps
RLGL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RLGL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 10:59pm
Did you flash through windows or use instant flash? If a windows flash the board is probably bricked
Asrock Z370 Gaming K6,Intel i7 8700K,
Asrock x570 Taichi

Chicken69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chicken69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 11:57pm
I used instant flash. RGB Led still on, cpu still heating up when I turn it on.
Hartukktu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartukktu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 5:41pm
Do not forget that to REALLY clear the CMOS, you als need to disconnect from the wall power.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic