ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

RAM recognition problem on AsRock B75 Pro3-M

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doegi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RAM recognition problem on AsRock B75 Pro3-M
    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 at 12:06am
Goodmorning everyone,
I find myself with a problem which I have been trying to solve for some time but without any success. I have read several discussions on similar issues, but none of them have helped me.
I have a PC assembled about 6 years ago, including:
- Motherboard: AsRock B75 Pro3-M
- CPU: i5 3340
- VGA: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270 2 GB
- Kingston Hyperx 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1600 KHX1600C9D3K2 / 8GX DIMM RAM

Until a few months ago I had this configuration with a total of 8 GB of RAM.
I wanted to buy the same RAM kit, so as to get to 16GB and not have compatibility problems being all the same.
All right, all 16 GB worked, read both in the BIOS and on Windows 10.
A month ago, I formatted Win 10 and from that moment it only reads me 8 GB of RAM.
On the BIOS it detects all 4 banks, but uses only two. I have tried each bank one by one and it detects it correctly. Even two together. But as soon as I put the third one, it stops detecting one to reveal the one just inserted.
Example:
A1 Detected but not read
A2 Detected and read
B1 Detected and read
B2 Empty (really empty).
As soon as I also enter the fourth, only A2 and B2 count me again, although noting all 4.
Obviously CPU-Z detects 16GB without any difference in frequencies between them and anything else. Perfectly the same.
Obviously already tried to update the BIOS (I kept the 1.80, I put the 2.00 beta but the most updated), to reset the CMOS both via jumper and removing the battery. Nothing.
I also tried to manually set the memory limit on msconfig, but it automatically sets the value 8192 as soon as I give the ok.
I can understand if maybe they had been immediately incompatible ... but I can't understand why before yes and now no? Motherboard gone? Memory control in the processor?
I thank anyone who will give me a hand and I apologize for the post mileage ..
(Sorry for bad English, I used Google Translate)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic