ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Replacement cooler fan? (Vision3D)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prebbzse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Replacement cooler fan? (Vision3D)
    Posted: 21 Mar 2020 at 4:56pm
Hi all,

I have an ageing Asrock Vision 3D 137B for almost 10 years, and it has been a very stable media PC, but mostly a linux server (always on).

Recently the unit has just started turning off, and checking the sensor readouts, seems the CPU/unit fan is kaput.

Does anyone know where a replacement CPU fan for this machine can be found? It's not your typical fan!

mahon112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahon112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 1:19am
Has the fan been cleaned of dust and particles with compressed air? Mine was pretty gunked up after 10 years..
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2020 at 2:16am
The easiest way to find out is to unscrew the cowl cover, remove the fan then
check it's model info on the back. You should then be able to search for a replacement
easily enough.

Otherwise, send off a support ticket to ASRock Tech support and ask them directly:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

They may even be able to help you procure a new one.
grantb73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantb73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2021 at 10:13pm
How?™d you go? I?™m in a similar situation. Wishing to replace the fan. My fan was replaced about 7 years ago and having trouble finding that model. I remember they had trouble at the time finding a replacement. If you have the original be great if you can supply the original specs??I can?™t see that anywhere, and maybe the reason for potential sluggish performance (Ie if wasn?™t replaced with the right version - they had to set fan speed to manual too for some reason. Any info you can share :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic