ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Steel Legend (non wifi) M.2 questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendarylewt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Steel Legend (non wifi) M.2 questions
    Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 8:39pm
I'm anxious about putting an M.2 in. This is my first all on my own build and I'm looking to upgrade my boot drive to an M.2. After mistakenly ordering a Samsung 860 evo and realizing it's not what I needed. I ran across these rubber blocks glued to adheres gently to the mobo. When I order and recieve my 970. Should I remove the block and just set it down on the mobo? Should I remove the sticker so the thermal pad can place properly on the drive when I put the heat sheild back on? I tried looking for build videos to reassure myself, but came up dry. Any help and hopefully videos would greatly be appreciated.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 2:11am
Originally posted by Legendarylewt Legendarylewt wrote:

Should I remove the block and just set it down on the mobo?

Not sure what you mean by that .. I have the same mobo and run 2 nvme drives. I did carefully take the stickers off of my drives and placed them in their respective boxes for warranty purposes.. pop the heatsink off, mounted the drives and placed the heatshield back on

Taking the stickers off probably doesn't net you anything with keeping the drives any cooler .. but I did it anyways.
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
Legendarylewt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendarylewt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:56pm
There are these little black rubber rectangles on the board
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 4:11am
Thermal pads go between heatsink and m.2 drives
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic