ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 power saving mode USB issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnevozhay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 power saving mode USB issues
    Posted: 06 May 2020 at 11:08pm
My rig is X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 with Ryzen 9 3900X, powered by Corsair SF450.
I planned to use Power Saving operation mode (in Phantom gaming tuning software) to lower CPU temp and annoying SB fan noise, and to reduce electricity bills.

But in this mode, half of my USB peripheries stop working (Logitech C910 webcam, and GeekOut450 USB sound card), regardless of being plugged directly into any motherboard USB port, or via powered USB-hub (ASUS 329C monitor in my case). Just after activating PS mode webcam freezes and stop working, as well as soundcard stops playing. Despite the devices are OK in device manager ("working properly") - really they don't! After switching operation mode back to Standard mode, I need to replug a sound card to bring it to life, while the webcam starts working immediately without replugging.

BIOS was updated to 2.0
Is it defect/misbehavior only of my mobo, or defect by design?
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2020 at 2:03am
chipset drivers up to date? .. Have you tried not using Phantom Gaming Tuning Software and use Ryzen Master or just Windows built in settings for power saving? Do you have good air flow in your ITX case? I don't know what you are using for a video card, but you got some high heat components in a little space.
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
dnevozhay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dnevozhay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 8:16pm
Initially it was open rig - mobo on spacers without case on the table, with energy-efficient video card Radeon RX550. Chipset drivers are up to date. Now I've upgraded video to RTX2070Super, but the same problem remains... I think the idea "not to use the bundled tuning software" is unacceptable. It's like "don't use the gear box on your new car if it's mulfunctioning" - instead of repairing or replacing defective part. I buy products based on advertised features and expect it works. By the way i've paid US$280 for this mobo (the cheapest available here in Moscow, Russia) for TB3 and tuning capabilities.
ThreeDee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeDee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 10:23pm
Bundled software is not always the best option .. OEM builds used to come with McAfee or Norton .. That's one of the first things to get uninstalled.

My daughters ASRock B350 Fatal1ty ITX/ac was having BSOD's with the available WiFi driver on ASRock's site .. went to Intel site to get updated drivers and problem solved. Use what works or don't .. if something isn't working for me, I'm not going to keep using it because it "should" work... unacceptable or not.

Maybe an ASRock mod will chime in and have a link to a more updated version of this "tuning" software that will work for you.
|Ryzen 5 5900|ASRock X570 Taichi-BIOS 4.60|2x16GB HyperX Predator RGB 3200@3600 1:1 IF|ASRock RX 6700XT|2 x PCIe 4.0 M.2 Drives for OS & Games|850 WTT Seasonic 80+ Titanium PSU|Noctua NH-D15|
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic