ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cannot disable CSM on B450M PRO4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cannot disable CSM on B450M PRO4
    Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 2:00am
Hi,

I want to disable CSM on an ASRock B450M PRO4 with BIOS version 3.90 and Sapphire Radeon RX 570 8 GB PULSE. When I disable CSM in the boot menu, save changes and restart it will be enabled again after restarting. The restart after disabling takes longer than usual and the fans spin up several times. The screen stays off for a short while. The AS Rock image at boot is displayed at high resolution when having the display attached to a display port, but not when attached to a HDMI port. When entering the BIOS however it is displayed in 1024x768px even though FULL HD is enabled in the setup. That's why I'm suspecting not being able to disable CSM has something to do with the VBIOS and GOP support, but a Radeon RX 570 should support UEFI boot just fine.

Thanks!

Complete build
[URL=https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xcYd7T]https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xcYd7T[/URL]
CTB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 5:22am
I changed the DUAL BIOS switch on the Sapphire Radeon RX 570 from Compute Mode to Gaming Mode. Now it works. It does not seem to be documented anywhere that Compute Mode equals Legacy Mode instead of UEFI.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic