ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Realtek 2.5Gbe RTL8125 NDIS Reset Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozgrunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2020 at 6:00am
I've being having this problem as well.
Gigabyte B550 Pro ac motherboard.
Ryzen 7 3700K and GTX1660Ti.

It seems to be ok now. Here's how I fixed it (I hope).
Update your driver to 10.43.723.3030.
Windows10 also did an update on 8/09/2020: Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - Extension - 6.0.8945.1

Open Driver Manager
Right click on Network Adapters --> Realtek Gaming 2.5Gbe Family Controller --> Properties
Open Advanced tab.

Set the following:
Energy-Efficent Ethernet    Disabled
Gigabit Lite               Disabled
Green Ethernet              Disabled
Maximum Number of RSS Queues 4

Go to the Power Management tab and turn off 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'

Click OK and reboot.
cpp2005 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpp2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2020 at 2:03am
I have exactly the same problem on Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite.
Wrote to Gigabyte support pointing to this thread and this one:
https://forum.gigabyte.us/thread/9873/aorus-realtek-network-adapter-problem
For now I didn't get any satisfactory answer.
I suggest you guys do the same and open support cases with the manufacturer, maybe then they "hear" us.

ozgrunt I'll try your suggestion though my computer already never goes to sleep.
PapaJoe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PapaJoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2020 at 1:28am
I have a similar issue with my B550 Steel Legend.

The connection stops every then and now, without any noticable errors whatsoever. I have to reset my Ethernet, or unplug and replug my ethernet cable. Otherwise i can sit for hours and wait for it to work - which won't happen, because I have to reset it manually. This is so annoying and frustrating when watching videos or downloading large updates.

I did disable the power management stuff on my ethernet settings.
Never had this kind of issue with my B350 board from MSI.

I tried LAN driver 10039_03232020 from the Asrock page and 10.043 from Realtek page. No difference at all. It's all the same.

Please fix this issue.
Grant2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grant2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 10:28pm
Hello,
I have msi z490 gaming plus and I have the same problem, network card falls off under load.

"The network interface "Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware reset. Reason: The network driver detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands. This network interface has reset 3 time(s) since in was initialized."
Vijuarukei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vijuarukei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 11:49pm
Just registered here to share a similar issue.

Having the same issue here, RTL8125B, using a third party 2.5gb ethernet card as my MOBO ( z170a gaming pro ) only support 1gb.

Plugged using an Ethernet cable, getting multiple disconnect everyday, it usually last for a second or trwo and then it come back all by itself, while it's not a big issue while browsing, playing online is something else as I get kicked out of the game everytime.

I also noticied that the more load my internet is having (like playing + discord ) the more this will happen, it can happen 6 to seven time in half an hour FFS.

I tried every realtek driver I could find, from the legacy one that windows install all the way to the latest one, and others in between, tried every settings, disabled every energy / green settings, and nothing helps. Thinking about buying another ethernet card powered by Intel driver, more expensive but hopefully it'll work as Realtek can't get their sh*t together.
readyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote readyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:07am
just created an account to help out my fellow gamers! :)

in the reddit post earlier there was a link to a new driver from realtek for now it seems to work perfectly.

here is the comment:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/hsmz3x/random_connection_lost_with_realtek_pcie_25gbe/g99mpns?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Vijuarukei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vijuarukei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by readyy readyy wrote:

just created an account to help out my fellow gamers! :)

in the reddit post earlier there was a link to a new driver from realtek for now it seems to work perfectly.

here is the comment:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/hsmz3x/random_connection_lost_with_realtek_pcie_25gbe/g99mpns?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I tried this driver but I'm still have random disconnect :/
AMD718 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMD718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 10:51pm
See additional information and the troubleshooting / experiences I've had with this so far at

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/hqsrj5/b550_aorus_pro_realtek_25g_network_adapter_problem/gaj6fjw/?context=3

Granted, different motherboard, but exact same symptoms. The commonality is onboard RTL8125.
ValetVlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ValetVlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:39pm
Since google leads to this page, I'd decided to share my findings.
x570 tomahawk also has this controller and also has this issue, but it only surfaces when I use curve optimizer to decrease CPU voltage. For almost 2 weeks it didn't appear a single time when running stock settings, but happens every ~20 minutes if I set curve optimier value to -15 for all cores (I don't really know what the measurement is), which results in ~0.05V drop for vCore. I really don't know why it affects the LAN, as it doesn't change BCLK, but somehow it does.
rcristofrf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcristofrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 4:24pm
Hi there!

For what it's worth, for me with a Gigabyte AORUS B450m none of the solutions mentioned above or on the reddit page helped.

The Realtek Diagnostics Tool found no errors.

However, when I replaced the (otherwise fully functional) CAT6 LAN cable with a cheap, old CAT5e cable, it worked.

Switching back to CAT6: no LAN.
CAT5e: works

So, it seems, something within the chipset stopped working with CAT6, and even reverting to a year-old driver didn't help.

(I wasn't able to test another CAT6 cable, so I can't completely rule out, that it is this specific cable. But again, it works with other devices.)

I have no explanation for this, not even a theory, however...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic