ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Realtek 2.5Gbe RTL8125 NDIS Reset Problem

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ValetVlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 11:56pm
I am also using a CAT6 cable, but upgrading to the latest driver solved the issue for me.
ValetVlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ValetVlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:17am
Nope, after 3 days, the problem returned.
SherLock55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SherLock55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 6:42pm
I am also running this Realtek NIC with a B550 Steel Legend, constant disconnects on every driver version since I built this PC about 4-5 months ago. Have tried everything from disabling all the energy efficient options, new cables, reverting to the original windows driver etc and still random disconnects.

I am thinking of just getting an Intel PCIE NIC as this is driving me crazy.
ValetVlad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ValetVlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2020 at 1:24am
I even replaced cat6 cable with cat5e to test rcristofrf's hypothesis, but it changed nothing. It works stable for 1 to 2 days, then starts acting up. Seem to go away for some time if I switch PC off and let it cool down. Rebooting doesn't help, but it works fine for a day after cold boot.
Kekmen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kekmen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 5:11pm
I have an Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus motherboard with the same Reltek network card. I built the machine in September, and I?™ve struggled with the problem ever since. I found the solution 1 week ago: I hope you have a torrent client on your machine guys? Because the problem is caused by μTP (Micro Transport Protocol). I use qBittorrent and since I switched the peer connection protocol to TCP only, the problem has disappeared, it has never been produced since, so I dare say that this was the problem.
xavdeman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xavdeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 6:19am
I have a Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX with a Realtekç°?2.5GbE LAN chip (2.5 Gbit/1 Gbit/100 Mbit) and I found this topic using Google since I get the exact same error in Event Viewer: Event ID 10400,
The network interface "Realtek Gaming 2.5GbE Family Controller" has begun resetting (...) Reason: The network driver has detected that its hardware has stopped responding to commands

It seems customers on the MSI forums with the same Realtek chip also have the same error: https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/realtek-pcie-2-5gbe-family-controller-resetting.345823/ and on the Gigabyte Reddit they do as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/hsmz3x/random_connection_lost_with_realtek_pcie_25gbe/

Thus it seems to be related to the Realtek ethernet chip or its drivers. When you report this to MSI Support please mention this.
Cnapmax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cnapmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 4:43pm
Hey guys!

Just created an account to show my support, i built 2 pc's in october with b550 steel legend mobos and both of them seem to have this problem, its driving me insane, tried switching the cat cables, a ton of different drivers and nothing seems to work. I also use qbittorrent and i have noticed that i do dc less when i dont have it open (still dc tho).
Sometimes i dc for 4-8 seconds and then automatically reconnect but lately its been that i have to manually replug the cable to regain connection.

Sent an email to asrock support and i suggest all of you do the same to bring this issue to their attention.

Currently disabled the settings in advanced tab and waiting to see if they helped.
xavdeman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xavdeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 1:28am
One of the qBittorrent team members has just stated that it seems like a Realtek driver issue:

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/14019

uTP is just a protocol over UDP. This is pretty clearly a driver issue to me, it should not crash with some UDP packets.
xavdeman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xavdeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2020 at 2:43am
One of the developers of libtorrent (a library used in qBittorrent) just stated that reported issue of Realtek 2.5GbE controllers (such as RTL8125) resetting (Event ID 10400, source NDIS) is likely caused by the Realtek hardware/drivers:

https://github.com/arvidn/libtorrent/issues/5761

I suspect the hardware or driver isn't well tested under heavy UDP load, and fails. I don't really see anything actionable on libtorrent's part, other than recommending that users with the failing hardware either disable uTP or replace the hardware.
libtorrent doesn't talk directly to the driver, it uses the operating system's API. The API guarantees that hardware is not supposed to reset by its use, similar to operating systems (normally) guaranteeing they won't kernel-panic because of system calls.

matthys70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthys70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2021 at 8:19pm
Glad to see I am not the only one.

Got the ASRock B550 Steel Legend motherboard with 1.80 BIOS installed.
The Realtek Gaming 2.5Gbe Family driver version shows: 10.39.212.2020

But I notice there is a "Install_Win10_10045_12182020" package available at Realtek which is dated 31/12/2020, though I didn't test it yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic