ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock X570 Creator issues!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solarwnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock X570 Creator issues!
    Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 6:36am
I just built a new computer that has been giving me a few peculiar issues. 6 specific issues, actually.

First, here are the specs for my new rig:

1. CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core Processor     
2. CPU Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S (with two Noctua NF-F12 PWM Chromax [Black] fans in a push/pull configuration.)
3. Motherboard - ASRock X570 CREATOR ATX AM4 Motherboard
4. Memory - G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600
5. OS Drive - Corsair MP600 Force Series Gen4 2 TB M.2-228 NVME Solid State Drive
6. Storage #2 - Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 Internal SSD
7. Storage #3 - Samsung 860 Pro 2 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
8. Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB
9. PC Case - be quiet! Pure Base 500DX ATX Mid Tower Case
10. Power Supply - Seasonic Prime TX-1000, 1000W 80+ Titanium, Full Modular - SSR-1000TR.
11. Dell UltraSharp 49 Curved Monitor - U4919DW
12. External Optical Drive Enclosure - OWC Mercury Pro 5.25" Optical Drive External Enclosure (NO Drive)
13. External Optical Drive - LG WH16NS40 Super Multi Blue Internal SATA 16x Blu-ray Disc Rewriter
14. Keyboard - Logitech MX Keys
15. Mouse - Logitech G203
16. Windows 10 Pro (official version download from Microsoft website)

As for the issues, here's what's going on. (The Motherboard Bios was version 1.30 but I upgraded to 2.70 the other day.)

1. My boot times are really long - like almost 60 seconds. And sometimes when the computer goes to sleep and I try to wake it up, the PC will NOT boot back into windows. It just keeps looping the fans unless i press the power button and hold it down to power off the computer. Then I have to power it up and it is fine. This doesn?™t always happen.

2. My memory is rated for 3600 MHz, but the Bios has set them at 2133 MHz. Is this something I have to live with or can I set the speed to its proper specs? I read something after the fact about this motherboard not allowing 4 dimms of memory to be at that speed. But honestly, I did not understand exactly what was being discussed. The QVL for memory lists the ones I purchased as compatible.

3. In device manager there are yellow exclamation points for "Base System Device" and "Ethernet Controller". Upgrading to Bios version 2.70 did nothing to fix these. However, downloading and installing AMD's Windows 10 64bit chipset drivers for this motherboard fixed a bunch of PCIe issues (yellow exclamation points) in the device manager. But the Base System Device and Ethernet Controller issues remain.

4. Strangely, the Bios Splash Screen that says "ASRock" in the center, is no longer at the correct aspect ratio, as the F-keys legend (to get into the UEFI/Bios, Bootloader, etc.) are being pushed off the screen so you cannot read them. There are also small numbers in the bottom right corner that change to other numbers. I have no idea what these represent. This aspect ratio problem and these small numbers were not there before upgrading the Bios to 2.70.

5. Since upgrading to Bios version 2.70 the ASRock app store, A-Tuning, and CD-Rom all give me the same error now when I try to run them: "this utility is not for this platform".

6. And finally, there is some USB device that keeps connecting and disconnecting from my system. But I cannot figure out what it is. I have tried using USBLogView to see what it is and nothing shows up unless I actually remove a USB device either physically or by ejecting it from the taskbar. Weird. I keep hearing the connect/disconnect sound every 5 to 10 minutes. It's kind of annoying. Actually, it IS annoying!

What do you folks think? Should I downgrade the Bios to 1.30 to hopefully fix the Splash Screen aspect ratio and ASRock utility issues? Is that recommended?

How do I figure out what the "Base system Device" is and the "Ethernet Controller" driver issue? Could the Ethernet Controller driver issue be the 10 GB Lan driver? Is that what is missing? I don't recall installing that driver if it something I need to do.
Can I tweak the memory speed safely in the Bios up to 3600?

Is there any type of diagnostic test I run to identify why the boot time is taking so long?   

And how do I figure out what is connecting and disconnecting from my PC???

The gremlins are winning. The gremlins must be eradicated!

Thanks in advance for any help or recommendations you can provide. I hope this wasn't too much all at once.
blkspade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blkspade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 8:30am
So Bios 2.70 is really buggy. I'd suggest rolling back to 2.40
Hopefully you did an EFI based Windows install as opposed to legacy. If so disable CSM in the boot section of the BIOS. That does effect the resolution of the splash screen as well.

One of the Ethernet controllers is the Aquantia 10GBe that'll need drivers from either the Asrock support page or direct from Aquantia. The base system device might be the thunderbolt controller which also needs a driver from either Asrock or Intel.

You can probably safely set your ram to XMP in the bios to get it running at rated speed.
solarwnz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solarwnz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 5:44am
blkspade,

Thank you!!! I rolled back the bios to 2.40 and that fixed the aspect ratio on the splash screen and got all those ASRock apps working again! I then got all the creator drivers from ASRock's website and installed them. That fixed the device manager issues. I uploaded the XMP profile for 3600 MHz for my ram and it seems to be fine.

The only issue I'm still having is the boot time taking upwards of 60 to 90 seconds. That splash screen really likes to hang there for a bit. I'm not sure what a EFI based Windows install vs legacy means. Or how to disable CSM in the boot section of the BIOS. But I will google those items and see if I can make some headway. Thank you again for your suggestions! You helped neutralize the gremlins!
pcmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pcmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 10:02pm
i have problem witch x570 creator error 0d
cpu 9 5950x
ddr hx432c16fb4ak2/32
bios 2.4,3.0,3.5 with these versions gives an error
witch cpu 3 3200g work
what is the problem with this motherboard?
ket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:28pm
Disconnect all but your boot drive, does boot time then improve?

@pcmaster look in the manual for a list of POST codes, it should tell you what 0d is there. If I remember correctly from the last time I reviewed some Asrock boards 0d was memory related.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic