ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AM4 BIOS info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T1125P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 6:07am
Was bios 4.70 for x470 Taichi pulled? I just checked the site today (5/9) and it's not there anymore. I have it on my board with a 5800x no issues at all. https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X470%20Taichi/index.asp#BIOS
x470 Taichi v5.10
5800X3D (Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B)
G.SKILL Flare X Series (8GBx4) 32GB 3200 CL14
970 Evo 1TB+SK Hynix 2TB
PNY RTX 4070 Super
SoundBlaster AE-7
EVGA 850W Platinum
LG WH16NS40
AOC Q24G2A
jda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by PelaAsrock PelaAsrock wrote:

Board model: B550 PG itx/ax
BIOS version: P 2.10
CPU: 3900x
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK32GX4M2D3600C18 32Gb

Notes: Any BIOS above 1.10 (that I know are more focused on the 5000 series) gives me primarly problems when I start my PC from a Cold Boot or when re starting it. It will crash when trying to initiate windows, if I enter in SAFE MODE I can restart and everything seems fine. No issues while using it.
I will try what happens if I disable XMP on my RAM with the newer BIOS like the latest I have now installed.
It's annoying because I really want to use some of the newer features that new BIOS brings to the table like SAM for instance and I can only manage stability while starting my PC with 1.10 Bios or prior ones.

I have the same MB but my RAM kit is CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 2x32GB which is not the on QVL.

With the latest BIOS, my PC resets (like power off then on) in the first 5 minutes when I start it up from off or when I restart it from windows. It happens like in 4 out of 5 startups. If it does not reset in the first 5 minutes, it will continue to run stable for a few days until I shut it down or restart it from Windows.

Is your problem the same?
PelaAsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PelaAsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by jda jda wrote:

Notes: Any BIOS above 1.10 (that I know are more focused on the 5000 series) gives me primarly problems when I start my PC from a Cold Boot or when re starting it. It will crash when trying to initiate windows, if I enter in SAFE MODE I can restart and everything seems fine. No issues while using it.
I will try what happens if I disable XMP on my RAM with the newer BIOS like the latest I have now installed.
It's annoying because I really want to use some of the newer features that new BIOS brings to the table like SAM for instance and I can only manage stability while starting my PC with 1.10 Bios or prior ones.

I have the same MB but my RAM kit is CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 2x32GB which is not the on QVL.

With the latest BIOS, my PC resets (like power off then on) in the first 5 minutes when I start it up from off or when I restart it from windows. It happens like in 4 out of 5 startups. If it does not reset in the first 5 minutes, it will continue to run stable for a few days until I shut it down or restart it from Windows.

Yeap is more or less the same. The thing is that I've tested my RAM and they have no issues and right now I'm in BIOS P.1.10 and everything works fine, not a single re start out of nothing, nor any problem with cold boots.

I'm starting to think that might be more CPU related, like if some new features doesn't play well with my 3900x.

This forum is incredibly dead, not a single Official rep that might help. Did you tried any other way to contact Asrock about it?

BTW like you, my restarts or problems with booting do not leave any BSOD data, bar the windows Event Viewer one, but Bluescreenview, or similar software do not grab any detail.

jda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 11:08pm

Originally posted by jda jda wrote:

Yeap is more or less the same. The thing is that I've tested my RAM and they have no issues and right now I'm in BIOS P.1.10 and everything works fine, not a single re start out of nothing, nor any problem with cold boots.

I'm starting to think that might be more CPU related, like if some new features doesn't play well with my 3900x.

This forum is incredibly dead, not a single Official rep that might help. Did you tried any other way to contact Asrock about it?

BTW like you, my restarts or problems with booting do not leave any BSOD data, bar the windows Event Viewer one, but Bluescreenview, or similar software do not grab any detail.

My CPU is 3950X. But I believe it is more likely related to RAM (more specifically the XMP setting). The PC has no problem when running at default 2166MHz @1.2V but unstable when running at XMP 3200MHz @1.35V.

I did email ASRock to ask for help, thinking they may give me some custom settings to try like someone mentioned in other forums. But no, they just gave me some cut and paste reply asking me to try a list of things that I have already tried before emailing them.

Actually I just bought this ASRock to replace my dead Asus ROG Strix. At the time of writing, I have already switched back to Asus ROG Strix I just received from RMA. I think I will just give up the ASRock after 2 weeks of hassle.
PelaAsrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PelaAsrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 7:37am

I dunno beecause even without XMP I had some issues. Bizarre stuff, so far I really liked the board but these issues with new BIOSes are annoying. Maybe at some point I'll try a new kit of RAM, but I think I'll stick to the old BIOS, not precisly my best time in terms of finances so I do not have many choices. Good luck with the new Asus mobo man! and thanks for the help.
T1125P View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T1125P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 5:56am
Bios 4.70 is back up:https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X470%20Taichi/index.asp#BIOS

Same description as before it was pulled. I wish ASRock would state the reason it was pulled and what they added or took away from it, if they did do anything to it.
x470 Taichi v5.10
5800X3D (Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B)
G.SKILL Flare X Series (8GBx4) 32GB 3200 CL14
970 Evo 1TB+SK Hynix 2TB
PNY RTX 4070 Super
SoundBlaster AE-7
EVGA 850W Platinum
LG WH16NS40
AOC Q24G2A
pokuly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pokuly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2021 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by pokuly pokuly wrote:

Board: B550 Steel Legend
BIOS version: 2.00
CPU: 5900x
RAM: 2x16GB G.Skill B-Die@3733

My generic Fujitsu Siemens USB keyboard already was 2 times not detected on bootup since the 2.00 release. I have to shutdown and start again. A reboot is not enough.
Ryzen Master still shows the wrong value for VDDCR if set in UEFI -> OC Tweaker\External Voltage Settings

I quote myself here because i have to add my USB MX-518 mouse hung itself 2 times since the 2.00 update. It stutters and shortly after losses the key associations done in the gaming software.
It is 2021 and USB simply being broken in a mainstream product is a bad joke.
I regret switching to this AMD crap. I have no idea how i will be able to sell this board with this build in errors.
B550 Steel Legend / J5005-ITX
lobyte View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lobyte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 4:30pm
Board: B550 Steel Legend
BIOS version: 2.00
CPU: 5600x
RAM: 2x16GB HyperX 3466 CL16

1) missing "Spread Spectrum" (I want to turn off)
2) missung "CPU Core Ratio" (for all cores, without voltage change)
3) no separate "SATA Hot Plug" configuration for each device, only common for all devices (very inconvenient when one internal SATA HDD drive is always installed and an external SATA HDD drive is often connected)
zzu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 3:15pm
Board model: B450M-HDV R4.0
BIOS version: 4.6
CPU: Picasso APU
RAM: 16

Notes:

4.6 has much improved over vendor-delivered 3.7 version, e.g. 1 mouse failed on me.

Users should be aware that a power cycle can take 40 seconds during which they might think that the mainboard has "frozen". Just be patient and wait until power-cycle does finish eventually!

UEFI explicitly states that - while in superfast boot mode - the user has to "clear CMOS" to force entry into UEFI menu in case of operating system not allowing to go to UEFI menu. Or in case of OS crash / BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death in MS OS).

Under Linux, I found this to be wrong. The DELete key even now will summon the UEFI menu, contrary to what UEFI itself states.
zzu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 3:23pm
B450 boards have HDMI sound device and AC97 sound device.

in UEFI those 2 sound devices are found in separate submenus.

Ideally, both sound devices should be in the same submenu to ease control of the sound setup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 15>
  Share Topic