ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B550m PRO4 usb device disconnecting and reconnecti
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550m PRO4 usb device disconnecting and reconnecti

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmandawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 6:58pm
That's strange. I did notice not very many of the b550 boards have the USB c port which is one reason I purchased this board. When you go into the bios is it really slow and sluggish when navigating the menus? If so it's probably not the driver as the USB controller is connecting and disconnecting even when in the bios.

Did you update the bios to 1.10? Just curious because that's the first thing I did when I set up my computer. Then a week later it was broken.

I'm surprised there aren't more people having this issue. Maybe it's just a matter of time. Mine did work perfectly for like a week.
jmandawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmandawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2020 at 9:18pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/ASRock/comments/hz45hi/usb_noise_spam_issue/

Seems asrock told others it is a bad board. There silence and lack of support here is really disappointing
HzExtreme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HzExtreme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2020 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by jmandawg jmandawg wrote:

That's strange. I did notice not very many of the b550 boards have the USB c port which is one reason I purchased this board. When you go into the bios is it really slow and sluggish when navigating the menus? If so it's probably not the driver as the USB controller is connecting and disconnecting even when in the bios.

Did you update the bios to 1.10? Just curious because that's the first thing I did when I set up my computer. Then a week later it was broken.

I'm surprised there aren't more people having this issue. Maybe it's just a matter of time. Mine did work perfectly for like a week.

Yes, I have upgraded the BIOS to 1.10. TBH, I thought updating the BIOS would resolve the USB issue but its NOT.

About the sluggishness of the BIOS, previouly I thought it was due to my peripherals connected to the USB 3 port then I tried to switch to the USB 2 port instead but it doesnt help to solve the sluggishness. After that I browse around the BIOS menus, and I have found out it was due to the HD support of BIOS. Simply change the BIOS resolution to a lower one will solve that.

Well, this is my 1st pc build and 1st motherboard , I will live with that USB issue for now, until I switch to a better motherboard in the future. Definitely will not be getting another ASROCK!
Brockto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brockto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2020 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by HzExtreme HzExtreme wrote:

Originally posted by jmandawg jmandawg wrote:

Yes, I have upgraded the BIOS to 1.10. TBH, I thought updating the BIOS would resolve the USB issue but its NOT.

About the sluggishness of the BIOS, previouly I thought it was due to my peripherals connected to the USB 3 port then I tried to switch to the USB 2 port instead but it doesnt help to solve the sluggishness. After that I browse around the BIOS menus, and I have found out it was due to the HD support of BIOS. Simply change the BIOS resolution to a lower one will solve that.

Well, this is my 1st pc build and 1st motherboard , I will live with that USB issue for now, until I switch to a better motherboard in the future. Definitely will not be getting another ASROCK!

Hi!

I recently got the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution?
It's really annoying and so far I did not solve the issue, also disableing notifications doesnt work?
jmandawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmandawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 1:44am
No solution. I had to return it. It happened on the replacement motherboard as well.
Tribal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 4:31am
Going off of a previous reply talking about the USB-C port, I fixed both the USB errors and BIOS slowdown by having a USB-C device plugged into the port at all times.
theone1258 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theone1258 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2020 at 7:29pm
Hi, I am currently using B550M steel legend and also getting this issue. No luck for me.I tried to plug in USB-C port but still getting this issue but probably is the USB-C port issue cause the device I plug in always disconnect and connect.
Tribal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 11:36am
I guess I spoke too soon, the problem is there, but at least it's not 24/7. Sometimes it goes away on its own, sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect my USB-C device to stop it. I'm going to try what ASRock support told me to do and report back.
SkyForce6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyForce6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Tribal Tribal wrote:

I guess I spoke too soon, the problem is there, but at least it's not 24/7. Sometimes it goes away on its own, sometimes I have to disconnect and reconnect my USB-C device to stop it. I'm going to try what ASRock support told me to do and report back.

What did ASRock support told you to do then?
Tribal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2020 at 7:28am
I mean it didn't work but here it is

o   Please disconnect ATX Power supply connect (24pin) from the mainboard.

o   Remove the CMOS battery from the m/b

o   Located the CMOS switch on the back of I/O panel. press and let go for 7 times.

o   After 3 minutes. Please restore the battery, back to default position. Reconnect ATX connector.    
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic