ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Instant Boot problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
KnightLion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightLion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Instant Boot problem
    Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 3:59pm

My apologies my MB: Fatality 990fx Professional, latest BIOS 2.0 and it is the Ultra fast boot that boots up in BIOS and not the OS Windows 10 Pro x64

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2015 at 2:09pm
There's more the Fast Boot option than having a UEFI/GOP compatible video source and enabling the Ultra Fast option. You can use the Fast option now, it should work.

The board starts into the BIOS because one or more things about your whole system is not configured correctly for the Ultra Fast setting.

Have you changed any other BIOS options besides Fast Boot?

Did you install Windows to use the EFI boot loader, instead of the legacy boot loader?

Zero information about your PC, board, BIOS version, Windows version being used. Impossible to continue without that information and answers to my questions.
KnightLion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KnightLion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2015 at 4:54pm
My PC doesn't want to work with instant boot I have a UEFI compatibal graphic card AMD R9 390 but while instant boot is on it boots to UEFI bios and not windows when I look at the boot drive it only has (UEFI something) and no drive option.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic